Would you say that your life is an open book or do you have secrets that you are

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (24 posts)
  1. zeke2100 profile image61
    zeke2100posted 10 years ago

Would you say that your life is an open book or do you have secrets that you are hiding?

Some people live in a constant fear that their past will be revealed to current friends and family. Guess what? God forgives. If people can't forgive you for your past mistakes, then they aren't your friends.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/7990648_f260.jpg

2. DuckyDee profile image62
    DuckyDeeposted 10 years ago

What a wonderful Question. I do not keep secrets because God says that everything done in darkness will come to light. Therefore it seems pointless to keep secrets.
    I agree that if people will condemn you for your mistakes then their love for you is not genuine.
    All have sinned and fall short of the Glory of God. Therefore no man is better than another. We all make mistakes and we are not the Judge of one another. All sin is sin. We should embrace one another as sinners and accept one another the way that Jesus accepted all sinners.

zeke2100posted 10 years agoin reply to this

I agree.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 10 years ago

My friend I think we all have made mistakes in the past. We are all only human. Saying that, my whole life is an open book to those who are close to me. Others may not know some things that have happened in my life. It's just not the sort of thing that comes up in conversation.

Very true.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 10 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Zeke.

4. profile image52
    graceinusposted 10 years ago

Luke 9: 62 states: But Jesus said to him, No one, having put his hand to the plow, and looking back, is fit for the Kingdom of God.

If you had understood this verse above most likely you would never have asked this question.

Thanks graceinus

2. profile image0
      Larry Wallposted 10 years agoin reply to this

Looking back and lamenting over what went wrong is one thing, looking back to recall what you have learned so you can use that knowledge to move forward are too different things. I am a Christian. Bible verses can be viewed in many ways.

5. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 10 years ago

No, I have no secrets that would jar my current existence.  Any thing that is secret is still inside my head (between me and God) and never put down on paper or shared!  LOL

I am pretty much an open book.

6. Ericdierker profile image46
    Ericdierkerposted 10 years ago

I like this question a lot. I was hiding some things from my wife who just laughed and said I was tooo boring to have secrets. Ouch. My favorite folks are the addicts who hide their addictions --- and everybody knows.
    So I guess my life is an open book, which is funny because no one cares to read it.

One of my favorite games with my 3 year old is when we stuff our mouths with cookies and then ask each other, "did you eat my cookies" and we shake our heads no. We almost always gag we laugh so hard.

Again, thanks for a great question.

7. lburmaster profile image72
    lburmasterposted 10 years ago

For my small group of close friends, it's an open book. But even those who should be close, don't know everything. There are always secrets, but that's what makes you a mystery.

8. nArchuleta profile image74
    nArchuletaposted 10 years ago

I must admit that I don't take this question religiously because it's a given that God knows my secrets. However, do I keep secrets? Absolutely. I'm a teacher -- there is so much about my life my students aren't mature enough to know about. There are aspects of my life my mother would rather not know about. And my sister is too judgmental to get to know much about my life (I didn't even tell her I went to Phoenix to see Rammstein -- I didn't want to hear about it.) I guess my close friends know me best, though I like to think I have a few surprises for them, too.

Great question!

9. profile image0
    KenDeanAgudoposted 10 years ago

Very nice question, I would say I am not an open book I have secrets that should remain as secret. As what Eistein say "Never share your greatest secrets to anyone if you and yourself cannot keep it" Yes we do commit mistakes but you don't have to share those mistakes to other as if news and words have wings.

Yes God forgive to those people who came back to Him as what in the new testament foretells us "Repent and believe in the Kingdom of God" I know to myself that i was dirty with sins. But i was thinking which is better open or close ?

Once you have been washed clean of your sins as a born-again believer, you can be honest and share that the things you once did, you no longer do. Repent means to change your mind on those sinful things and now do what is right.

10. profile image0
    Larry Wallposted 10 years ago

I really cannot tell you. It isn't that I do not wish to tell you but I just cannot tell you.

Thanks for the comic relief, Larry.

11. WalterPoon profile image68
    WalterPoonposted 10 years ago

My life is relatively open, as can be seen from my many posts in Facebook and the internet. When one tries to lead an honest life, there's really nothing much to hide, anyway. Having said that, I don't believe anyone reveals everything. There are certain things that we don't say, simply because it involves other people, or even if it does not, it is not something that others want to hear.

Yet, I've met people who are very secretive about their life in Facebook. (They want to know about you, but they don't respond likewise.) Sometimes, they are just shy but at other times, they are so insecure that they believe that by being open, they may unwittingly exposed themselves to people who may take advantage or try to cheat them. Yet, there are also others who are secretive because they've ulterior motives and just want to take advantage of you. I've have met this type too.

(P/S: Would anyone go round telling people how much you've in their bank account? Many companies don't allow you to reveal your salary, either.)

12. Candicetricks profile image57
    Candicetricksposted 10 years ago

Every people in the world has a secret. The secrets may be anything from silly guiltiness like steeling fruits from the fridge to higher level secrets. But everything must be shared to God. Ask and you shall receive has it's meaning. Any fear or guilty must be shared. All people share about their sorrows but in my opinion i share a lot of happiness to God. We should not hide our worries to our parents, just leave it open and you will be confronted. I know there are some we won't be able to share to our god gifted parents but at least why should we must hide from God.

I don't have any higher level secrets, only silly things that make us laugh.

13. ladydeonne profile image69
    ladydeonneposted 10 years ago

My life is pretty much an open book.  However, there are things that I consider are no body's business or things that are not of interest or of benefit to any one.  I want people to accept me as I am.  I don't  want or need them to judge or to forgive me for my past transgressions. God forgave me long ago.  He has forgotten my sins and so have I. I in turn don't need to know about the past transgressions of others.  I accept them as they are and do not judge them.  As a long time Mental Health Therapist, I carry within me many many secrets shared with me by hundreds of people.  Their secrets will remain with me for ever.  The fact that God knows and forgives ALL things is enough for me.

14. jlpark profile image78
    jlparkposted 10 years ago

Open book - everything I've been through, experienced, loved, hated, thought, and done have made me who I am today. I have nothing to be ashamed of, and am quite proud of that fact that I don't care what people think of me - If they don't like me, then it's not my problem.

God? Well, whether He forgives or not, it's not a bother to me. I don't think I've done anything that would be unforgivable.

15. profile image0
    CalebSparksposted 10 years ago

In a certain sense, I think it would be foolish for your whole life to be "an open book." In these days when many more people seek to exploit and take advantage of other people, having a certain level of privacy is a good and safe move.

16. HappyMikeWritter profile image60
    HappyMikeWritterposted 10 years ago

I am not an open book. Being an open book would mean I have nothing to offer nor keep for myself. There is always something which we keeps hidden and I am the same. I trully believe in God and I am trying to live as best I can but as a human I can only be me :-)

17. Laura Schneider profile image85
    Laura Schneiderposted 10 years ago

Good question! In general, I'm an open book--sometimes, perhaps, to a fault. But, I have secrets from some people, too. Just private stuff that I get to know about but nobody else needs to know. (No, not a secret diary; and no I don't secretly write bodice-ripper pulp fiction.)

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)