jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

How do you and your spouse manage money?

1. NC4Life078 profile image85
    NC4Life078posted 4 years ago

How do you and your spouse manage money?

One of the most common problems in a relationship is money, so it would seem as if those who manage their money better have a lot less stress in their relationship. How do you and your spouse look at money? Is it what I make is what I make and what you make is what you make? Or do you treat money and potential decisions as a "team decision" (which may lead to problems down the road when your in disagreement)?

2. JimTxMiller profile image78
    JimTxMillerposted 4 years ago

Very easily. She makes the money; I spend the money. No problems.

1. NC4Life078 profile image85
      NC4Life078posted 4 years agoin reply to this

I wish it were that easy; but, you led me to one last thought. How does this response differ from couples who both make an income opposed to only one party making the income?

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I manage all of our money. My husband has no interest or desire to be involved in it.  We each have our own talents in our family and finance is one of my interests.  We do discus large expenditures and what to purchase. But for the most part all of our money goes into a joint bank account and I pay bills and make most of those decisions as he just does not care one way or the other.

4. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Easily. I control all finances; banking, savings, bills. When we want something, I show him what we have and we make a decision based on our desires and accounts. But I make the stock decisions.