jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

Is living well really the best revenge?

1. ParadigmEnacted profile image73
    ParadigmEnactedposted 4 years ago

Is living well really the best revenge?

Or what are some alternatives that you've used?

2. dashingscorpio profile image85
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I believe so. If the other person was out to hurt you or disrupt your life and they heard about all the great things happening for you it makes them and their act appear insignificant.
    Oftentimes it's their jealousy and bitterness that will eat at them while watching you laughing and playfully enjoying life. It's not uncommon for exes to claim that you must have never cared about them because you chose not to dwell on them.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I think so. I do know that I have enough pride if someone hurts me, I am not going to wallow and let them see me pine away...which is something I have always wondered about vengeful exes.  Yes, it hurts but if they don't want you, why act like a fool simply reinforcing their point in leaving you.  It just makes a person look pathetic on top of everything else.

So move on and if live well -it's good advice.

1. dashingscorpio profile image85
      dashingscorpioposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree. Don't give them the satisfaction of seeing your world crumble because of something (they) did. As is often said: "Fake it until you make it." Eventually the smile you wear will be for real. :-)

4. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Not really. There are better ways for revenge, but why would you focus on such a negative approach? Are you really still that focused on people you used to have close relations with? The reality is that they have won because you are still focused on them.

working