jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Can a step mother love a child more than the child’s original mother?

1. LensMan999 profile image52
    LensMan999posted 4 years ago

Can a step mother love a child more than the child’s original mother?

In almost all the stories I have read I have found step mothers who are very cruel. Is it the same in real life?

2. lburmaster profile image81
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

There are the special few where step mothers get along with their step children. Usually the birth mother has to be a miserable mother for the step mother to have a great relationship with the step child. It has happened that the birth mother abuses or neglects the child and the child turns to the step mother for love and care.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I don't believe blood relations determine how someone feels about another person. They are many children who have been abused by their own parents. What love they know of has come from teachers, mentors, coaches friends, and even step mothers or step fathers.
    Just because a woman gives birth to a child does not mean she is going to love and nurture it better than another person would.

4. profile image0
    CalebSparksposted 4 years ago

Since love is a choice, then yes. The degree of love which someone gives to another is not dependent on familial ties.

Your family SHOULD love you the most, but sad to say this is often not the case.