jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Can love really last a lifetime?

1. jabelufiroz profile image73
    jabelufirozposted 4 years ago

Can love really last a lifetime?

2. Danwe profile image75
    Danweposted 4 years ago

Why not? I believe it can but just like a flower needs to be watered so does a relationship.

3. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 4 years ago

If proper measures are taken over a lifetime to nurture love and keep it alive, there is no reason why it cannot last the whole time two people are alive.

4. C.V.Rajan profile image79
    C.V.Rajanposted 4 years ago

I know most people find love lost several times in a lifetime!

5. realtalk247 profile image70
    realtalk247posted 4 years ago

Yes. Love can last a lifetime when you choose the right person.  Love can last a lifetime when you are a good person.  Both parties must be committed to the partnership, making it work, same moral/spiritual beliefs, common goals, friendship, and the desire to put work into your relationship.

When someone understands your flaws and loves you anyone - you win
    When you encounter someone who wants to give because they love you - you win
    When you love someone for who they are not what they have - you win
    When you are willing to fight to keep love and romance in your relationship-you win

1. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I agree (choosing) the "right" person makes all the difference!
      We're either growing together or growing apart. The goal is to find someone who (naturally) wants what you want and agrees with you on how to obtain it! You have to be on the same page.

6. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I suppose it depends on how long someone lives!
    If someone got married late in life they have a better chance than someone who got married at age  18. Also there needs to be a clarification with regard to love and simply "staying together".
    There are a lot of couples who have been together for over 40 years that remain together out of "companionship"or reside in different areas of the house. They are pretty much roommates with the same last name or more like siblings.
    If we are talking about "romantic love" lasting a lifetime I believe it's possible but not nearly as many couples experience it as one would hope.

7. DDE profile image26
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Love can last a  lifetime if  often worked on, and it depends on how you look at  love, loving someone doesn't mean you must forget about love the continuous flow of showing love is important

8. savvydating profile image95
    savvydatingposted 4 years ago

Yes. My mother used to say, "Sometimes the heart just goes." If we truly have love, we love even if we have been rejected. For example, most children continue to love their parents, and even hate them at the same time, even if those parents acted like idiots. The same thing can happen in romantic love. Two people might "fight like crazy" (I'm not talking physical or verbal abuse), but still love each other passionately when the argument is over. Anyway, that has been my experience, and strange as it sounds, it doesn't bother me. Somehow, the nurturing continues simply because, both partners have not crossed that hidden line of striking (emotional) blows in the wrong places. What I'm saying is that sometimes nurturing is subtle, but it is still very much there. It has do do with genuine affection. I think it's a Latin thing (which I am) in that passion takes precedence, and is the glue that holds me and my love together, happily.

working