jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Are You really love you Parents in their old ages? or Can You?

1. anoop narayanan profile image61
    anoop narayananposted 4 years ago

Are You really love you Parents in their old ages? or Can You?

I think in the modern world, the real love towards the parents is lost.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I suppose it depends on how one defines showing love to their parents. One person may consider taking their parents back and forth to the grocery store, doctor's visits, and helping them with their finances as showing their love.
    Another person may put their parent in the best nursing home they can afford. Not everyone is financially in a position or capable of turning a room in their home into a hospital room. Different people have different expectations.
    The truth of the matter is peopple have children because (they) want them! For anyone to turn around and make it appear as though they did the child a "favor" by bringing them into world is being disingenuous! I've heard my own peers say they thought I should have kids so I would have somone to "take care of me" in my old age. Ironically most of the people in nursing homes had children!
    Personally speaking I chose not to have children but if I had I would not expect them to sacrafice the prime of the life feeding me, bathing me, wiping my behind, and dressing me. I would have kids because (I) wanted to be a father and not because I expect some return on my "investment". Love is giving freely. We accept the love that people (give) us. Some children will bend over backwards for their elderly parents and some will not visit them much at all. A lot of how an adult child behaves with their parents is often a reflection of how the parents treated them during their childhood and young adult years.
    The days are gone when an adult child who resented their childhoold will care for a parent out of a sense of (duty or obligation). Odds are they will distance themselves from those who made them unhappy.

anoop narayananposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the reply.  If we take care  parents, our children also take care parents because their first teacher is their parents.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 4 years agoin reply to this

One can only hope that is the case. In life there are NO guarantees! As I stated just about every senior person living in a nursing home had children.

3. DDE profile image26
    DDEposted 4 years ago

So true about love being lost towards parents in the modern world, and once parents get older most children don't care it is not the same for every one this depends on how children were raised in families

anoop narayananposted 4 years agoin reply to this

thanks DDE for the comment.

working