jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How do you overcome petty arguments in a relationships? Who should back down?

1. tdebrick profile image59
    tdebrickposted 4 years ago

How do you overcome petty arguments in a relationships? Who should back down?

Pick your battles?? How do you pick em if you feel strongly about each topic?

2. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 4 years ago

Every time there is any petty arguments over small matter, I would keep quiet and leave the place to cool off, my hubby knows that I am angry although I don't fight back, he will try to break the ice later

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Ask yourself: If this is a "deal breaker"? If it is get out! If it's not learn to live without.
    There only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships. We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have.
    Ultimately everyone is looking for someone who will love and appreciate them for who they are. Surly not every topic is worth causing tension in a relationship.
    Most petty arguments are (ego) driven. It's a case of too much (You & Me) and not enough (Us & We).
    When two people are "in love" their mate's happiness is just as important as their own.

4. Lavender Jade profile image83
    Lavender Jadeposted 4 years ago

If the argument is petty, then is surely doesn't really matter, so it is not a case of backing down, it is just a case of a different view.  So you just don't argue about something silly or petty, leave it or agree to disagree.

working