Why do some short guys date only very tall women?

1. Mazzy Bolero profile image77
    Mazzy Boleroposted 4 years ago

Why do some short guys date only very tall women?

I don't mean guys who fall for someone who just happens to be taller - why shouldn't they? I'm referring to those who never date anyone who doesn't tower over them.  Several people in show-business spring to mind. These guys may be really short themselves but never date any woman who is average height or less - they are focused on those who are at least six feet tall.  Why is that?

2. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 4 years ago

Really? Most women that I know how have special rules about height. Usually they will not date a man shorter than them. It's more difficult to take their man seriously if they can see over the top of his head. But I guess there are always exceptions.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I've seen it a couple of times with George Clooney and Tom Cruise. In some instances a couple can be approximately the same height but when the woman puts on 3-4 inch heels she towers over him. I'm 5'11" and my wife who is a former model and is 6ft tall. If we get dressed to go out and she puts on 3" heels she looks a (lot) taller than me. I'm fine with it.

For the most part women tend to want to date men who are taller and weigh more than themselves. I would not say what you've noticed is commonplace.

Clearly everyone is entitled to have their own preferences. As long as both people are attracted to one another and are happy being together than height and weight does not have to be a "deal breaker". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I guess there are men who love women who are tall with long legs!

working