jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How difficult is "letting go"?

1. arun.udayan profile image83
    arun.udayanposted 4 years ago

How difficult is "letting go"?

Have you ever been in a situation that caused a huge surge of feelings inside you that made you desperate to take some sort of action which may have caused pain/frustration/destruction etc to you or others and how did you overcome that feeling? Or if you weren't able to control yourself that time, do you regret your action and think about having handled that situation in a different (more cool-headed) way?

2. DDE profile image23
    DDEposted 4 years ago

I am more cool headed and can control my feelings in such situations and have not regretted   my actions, I make choices with a clear mind.

3. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

Yeah like yesterday when someone driving a company van almost slammed in to the side of my car with my 2 children inside because they were too busy chatting on a cell phone instead of paying attention to the traffic light?  Deep breath, count to 10.  No one was hurt.  It took a lot for me not to start shouting profanities out of my window or using a finger inappropriately, but I forgave and drove away.  I thought about how it would ruin my night if I let that person get me down.  Thankfully no one was hurt and hopefully that person will think twice before driving so carelessly from now on.

4. LEWMaxwell profile image82
    LEWMaxwellposted 4 years ago

This actually happened to me today.  I saw something written by a former friend, that had some very negative words to describe me, and it made me absolutely furious.  I realized by my reaction that I was allowing them to have control over me.  I stopped myself from responding on any level because to me that would have validated their thoughts and how I was being described.  So by not responding on any level, I took control back, and I know I need to pray and meditate some more on my reaction and why I reacted the way I did.  In time I believe I will have the answer, and I will be able to truly let go of the pain and the hurt over the whole situation.

working