jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

How do you even the score with someone without stooping down to their level?

1. Jangaplanet profile image77
    Jangaplanetposted 7 years ago

How do you even the score with someone without stooping down to their level?

Would letting it go be a way to actually win?

2. theseus profile image81
    theseusposted 7 years ago

I just smile,shrug it off, and then leave.By doing so, it makes them more angry because I didn't fall into the trap. I choose my battles.

3. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 7 years ago

Friend, it is not my way to try and get even with someone, so I offer the situation to God.  You know the saying " What goes around comes around." This is true and God always finds a way to punish evil or unjustness.

4. zzron profile image56
    zzronposted 7 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/3137685_f260.jpg

By forgiveness, letting them know that they were wrong  but they are still loved and forgiven. By standing tall and strong letting them know that you will not be hurt or taken advantage of. I think they will learn their lesson and see you in a better light,  that you are a force to be reckoned with.

5. arb profile image80
    arbposted 7 years ago

By not stooping down to their level, you have evened the score. Ownership of the offense is accepted or denied in recieving it or ignoring it. If you refuse it (ignor it) then they are stuck with it. Once you respond in the same manner then the two of you have ownership. Nothing bothers anger like walking away from it.

6. philirodje profile image60
    philirodjeposted 7 years ago

There are various ways to even the score without stooping down to their level,
    but i have always fought my good battles in silence, i would ignore at first and then fire back when they least expect.

7. Rastamermaid profile image72
    Rastamermaidposted 7 years ago

Silence is Golden!

Totally ignore them,cut them off.

Not to even the score but to move on in peace.

8. profile image0
    jasper420posted 7 years ago

still trying to figure this one out myself good qushtion

9. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 7 years ago

To even the score would bring me down to a level I don't want to experience.  I would try to let it go, depending on what the situation is.  If it is a legal situation, I would let the law handle it, it if is something more domestic, I would sever ties with the person who "done me wrong." and try and let it go.

10. WannaB Writer profile image91
    WannaB Writerposted 7 years ago

Don't try to get even. God can do a better job of it than you can. Forgive, and then pray for that person. That is God's way, and it frees him to deal with the other person directly without your vengeance there to distract the person from dealing with God

working