jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How fast do you move on after disappointment?

1. whatonmelodysmind profile image61
    whatonmelodysmindposted 4 years ago

How fast do you move on after disappointment?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8356338_f260.jpg

2. profile image0
    Ronnytronposted 4 years ago

I always try not to expect anything from anyone, and if I did, and am disappointed, it's not for long--I move on. The faster you move on, the better.
    I learn from my mistake, and  focus on the future rather than wasting my time and energy thinking about the past.

3. IDONO profile image82
    IDONOposted 4 years ago

I'm with Ronnytron on this. I've always been told to make plans but don't plan results. That is what causes disappointment.
         But, I still do sometimes. So I shift gears. I then start trying to think things didn't go my way for a reason. Maybe I did something wrong, which, by the way, is all I can control. Or I'm not so fast to be disappointed because the result may end up better than I had hoped for. How many times has someone said that they lost their job. And because of what seemed to be a horrible thing, turned out to be the motivation they needed to find something much better, they now call it a " blessing in disguise" rather than a disappointment. Things don't always go that way, but that mindset can delay disappointment long enough to implement plan B. For me, disappointment can lead to giving up and to me, that's not an option.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

It varies depending on the scope of the disappointment. However generally speaking I try not to dwell on things I can't control. Ultimately I'm a believer that in the end everything happens for the best. Today's "disappointment" will lead to making decisions which often bring you to a place where you look back and say, "If  that had not happened I would not be in this wonderful position, or met this incredible person, wrote this book, moved to this city, found a new wonderful job/career....etc Disappointments are stepping stones.
    "People who focus on what they can’t control are usually depressed, frustrated, angry, overwhelmed and lost."  – Tony Robbins

5. DDE profile image27
    DDEposted 4 years ago

It depends on what the disappointment is and how it affects the individual

6. kknde profile image61
    kkndeposted 4 years ago

hmm..hard to say...i think it depends on the disappointment. Generally few hours.

working