jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Why do men lead women on thinking they're in love with them?

1. Seraphim Rouge profile image54
    Seraphim Rougeposted 4 years ago

Why do men lead women on thinking they're in love with them?

I met someone, claiming he was an ex-marine, now a mechanic, so ok, things were going really good and then even better. He claimed to have fallen in love with me, that I had broken so many walls, that he couldn't picture life without me, you get the gist. Then all of a sudden he tells me this morning, in an email of all things, the he got some papers the other day and he's being sent on a mission??? and that he's special ops,,,so, he goes on to saying 'you'll find better, you deserve better than me,,' and on and on. It blew me apart and I never saw it coming.

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Clearly there is a lot of information missing here. How old is the guy? How long were you dating? Did you see each other on a regular basis or was this a long distance relationship? How well did you REALLY know him?
    There are numerous possibilities here. He could have been lying the whole time, he meant what he said but was on the "rebound" from someone he loved more and is now having chance to get back with, he was always involved with someone else and decided to break off things with you in order not to be caught, or he really is going off on a mission and cares enough about you that he doesn't want you wasting time waiting for him.

The bottom line is the results are the same! Don't get caught up on the "whys" because that keeps you from moving on. You did not do anything wrong. Awhile back I wrote a hub Breakups: Getting Over "The Fade-Away Breakup" Hope it is of help. http://dashingscorpio.hubpages.com/hub/ … in-General

Seraphim Rougeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

You are very right, i need to move on, because it's so easy to keep wondering 'why',,i didn't know him for too long, but i think somewhere along the way, something was trying to tell me that something just didn't add up, whatever the case, ty so much

3. DDE profile image25
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Men who behave in such manner are not real men they are just fools,leading someone on is unfair to the victim here it is you. They do this because of their weird character or genetics same like their dads they did so he is doing it.  Sometimes they think it is  a cool thing to do, lead a woman on and then leave making her feel all broken up they can be heartless and think of the other person's feelings. To tell you in an email is definitely not man enough he thinks like a reptile.

Seraphim Rougeposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thank you so much for your reply, would you believe i did a reverse phone lookup and lo and behold, he's not even from Tennessee as he had claimed to be but from Cincinnati, Ohio?! Nothing this guy told me was the truth! Yes, i believe is a reptile^^

2. DDE profile image25
      DDEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I am glad you found sooner  good luck!

working