jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (8 posts)

Why are some men always afraid of their wives?

1. Sundeep Kataria profile image74
    Sundeep Katariaposted 4 years ago

Why are some men always afraid of their wives?

All men are afraid of their wives or it is only a few husbands? What are the reasons / circumstances / personality traits / other factors which lead to such a situation?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8513296_f260.jpg

2. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Some men are afraid of their wives this depending on the circumstances. If he has been restrained there has to be a reason.   He is not able to have power or strength as a woman does and that makes him slightly incapable of handling situations given that she takes over.  If he was a drunk or a gambler and  preferred spending his salary on alcohol or gambling then he  had to make a change or out the door. She is in charge or else thee won't be anything left to live off. He has a weak personality and gives in all the time. He can't manage to organize or plan around the house or any event held, She takes charge when he is not able to fill that need.

Sundeep Katariaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks DDE. Quite a few possibilities you have mentioned. Any more situations / reasons you would like to share please ?

2. thom w conroy profile image47
      thom w conroyposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Could be a dominant Mother figure growing up or a weak Father figure or a combination of both.

3. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks sometimes men  have weak characters and this influence women to take control

3. PoeticFailosophy profile image58
    PoeticFailosophyposted 4 years ago

Because they are pu's's'ies who cannot communicate, and would rather avoid and flinch than put on their big-boy pants and talk out their problems. No doubt acting afraid all the time makes their wives loathe them even more.

Sundeep Katariaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Interesting observation. Thanks

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

I don't believe the vast majority of husbands are physically afraid of their wives. Some men are peaceful loving guys and get "stressed out" easily when their wives are upset with them, yelling at them, or sometimes going as far as hitting them.
    These men tend to be reluctant to utilize their size advantage to intimidate their wives by raising their voices and getting into their faces or hitting them back if she slaps or throws a punch at them. Therefore they choose to leave the room or house until she calms down.
    It remains to be seen if they are "afraid" of their wives or if they are afraid of (what they might do to their wives) if they stay in the room with them! Everyone is capable of  "snapping" under pressure. Personally speaking I would not date or marry anyone I was "afraid" of. And if anyone hit me (man, woman, or child) they should (expect) to be hit back. No one gets a "free pass".

working