jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do spouses cheat on each other?

1. profile image58
    Kathy Fabinposted 4 years ago

Why do spouses cheat on each other?

2. Alphadogg16 profile image92
    Alphadogg16posted 4 years ago

That's a good question, unfortunately I do not have the answer. There is absolutely no reason for it. If you want to be mess around, then don't get/be married. If your already married and for whatever reason want to sew your oats, get a divorce so you can do whatever you want.

3. Cristale profile image85
    Cristaleposted 4 years ago

I think that spouses cheat on each other because they are really unhappy with something that is being done or not being done. They may be lacking something or are really unsatisfied with something. They don't want to leave the other spouse for a reason (love, money, children) but they are trying to make themselves happy.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

The goal of any cheater is to (hold onto) all that is good in their primary relationship/marriage while addressing their other "needs" on the side. The vast majority of cheaters would rather cheat than go through a divorce. Oftentimes they have 80% of what they want in their marriage but they refuse to do without the other 20%.
    They have a variety of reasons why they may step outside of their marriage. ( sexual neglect or dissatisfied, being taken for granted, verbally abused/nagged constantly, lack of romance/passion, grown apart emotionally, not feeling "special", and in some cases simple boredom with life.)
    The real question is: Why do we ask why?
    Most people could care less about the (reasons) why they were cheated on. The question is a reflex or rhetorical question. The vast majority of people consider cheating to be a "deal breaker".  Therefore (why) doesn't matter. Not many of us are seeking "understanding".
    The definition of cheating is "breaking the rules". If both people are having sex with others and they know about it and wish to continue being married then what they have is basically a borderline "open marriage". If it's (out in the open and accepted) then it's not cheating in my opinion.

working