jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Does everyone have the exact love life that he/she want?

1. elenagarcia profile image77
    elenagarciaposted 4 years ago

Does everyone have the exact love life that he/she want?

In the movie, The Wedding Date, the character Nick Mercer, who is a professional date, makes the statement that "Every woman has the exact love life that she wants".  This line stuck out to me.  I pose my question to everyone though.  Does everyone have the exact love life that he/she wants?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8679069_f260.jpg

2. DDE profile image27
    DDEposted 4 years ago

I don't believe everyone has the exact love life that he/she wants it is challenging  and  the individual does not know what to expect. Love lives don't go according to plan spontaneous is more like it.

1. elenagarcia profile image77
      elenagarciaposted 4 years agoin reply to this

yes, but if a person has a certain concept of what makes up a relationship, wouldn't they, therefore, enter into a cycle of choosing the same type of person over and over with the end result never changing? I am referring those that don't work out.

2. DDE profile image27
      DDEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

It is true that it can happen that way entering a cycle in choosing the same type of person over and over with the same result I have seen tha that happen to couples.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

No, I don't believe so. I know several single ladies who would love to be in a relationship but cannot find someone, or have no way to meet someone with working long hours.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

"We are always where we (choose) to be."
    Each of us (chooses) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.
    The beautiful thing about a door is it lets those who want in (in) and those who want out (out). No one is "stuck" with anyone.
    Therefore if someone is unhappy with the love life they have with someone and they continue to stay with that person then they are (choosing) to be unhappy. "We are always where we (choose) to be."

Essentially what the character is saying in the movie and in life is if we (really) are unhappy we will make changes. While it is possible for someone to think, feel, and say they're "unhappy" it's their (action or lack of action) that lets you know just how unhappy they really are.
    Ultimately what many people call "settling" is actually a person weighing out their options along with the possible (cost versus reward) for a thing they want and then making a final decision. In other words we choose what we think is our BEST option based upon how much effort we're willing to exert to get what we want.
    If you want something different you have to do something different.

working