jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Guy breaks up with girl after 2 yrs--then tells her all that's wrong with her. W

1. brakel2 profile image80
    brakel2posted 4 years ago

Guy breaks up with girl after 2 yrs--then tells her all that's wrong with her. Why ruin self esteem?

2. Faith Reaper profile image88
    Faith Reaperposted 4 years ago

Yes, there is no sense in doing such!  Most likely trying to make himself feel better about himself.

3. Marketing Merit profile image97
    Marketing Meritposted 4 years ago

He is doing it to justify his own actions and deflect any blame from himself.
    In short, he is a coward!

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

Sometimes it's a "catch 22" when someone ends a relationship. It's almost a cliché to say; "It's not you, it's me."  However it's the truth! The one who wants out is the one who is unhappy.
    Nevertheless there are some people who insist on getting "closure" they demand to be told why you want to breakup with them and by that they're essentially asking you to list things you dislike about them. If you don't then they believe you're holding something back.
    I've often said that asking for "closure" oftentimes is the equivalent of asking someone to kick you in the head as they walk out the door.
    "There is nothing your ex can say to you that will make you feel better about having your heart broken!"
    Besides the very traits (they) dislike about you will be the same one's that causes another person to fall madly in love with you!
    I have no idea of whether or not this young lady (insisted) on being told the "real reasons" why this guy wanted out of the relationship or if he simply wanted to crush her. It's also possible that he has gone through this before where girls have tried to ignore the breakup and continued to try to keep the relationship going. This can lead to a person being very harsh in order to drive the message home the next time they end a relationship.
    The bottom line is it does this girl no good to dwell on "how" the breakup took place. The end result is the same. They're done with the relationship. Naturally she'll grieve among her friends but eventually she has to get back to taking care of herself mentally and enjoying life again. I know it's not much help hearing this but it's true, everyone goes through breakups. It's not the end of the world.

5. cebutouristspot profile image76
    cebutouristspotposted 4 years ago

Not to defend the action but usually when there is a break up in a relationship there is always the question why.  Maybe he simply answered her question smile

Then again he can simply say its a compatibility issue.  Since what wrong to him maybe right for the other

6. jaydawg808 profile image88
    jaydawg808posted 4 years ago

Obviously this guy is an @sshole.  After 2-years. Geez.

7. FatFreddysCat profile image98
    FatFreddysCatposted 4 years ago

Obvious answer: Some people are just dicks.

8. elayne001 profile image82
    elayne001posted 4 years ago

At least she didn't marry him and then told her! It is called psychological abuse!

9. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 4 years ago

I don't know if it's the same for all guys who do that, but for my ex it was a seriously bruised ego. Maybe he thought he could bring me down to his level by letting me know everything that's "wrong with me." It ran the gamut from "obvious mental issues," to "I should have stayed with [ex-girlfriend]," to "I only stayed with you for [son]," "I was afraid what would happen to [son] with only you to take care of him," and of course we can't forget "worthless as a housekeeper." The last one actually made me laugh. I guess no one ever told him that "marriage" isn't the same as "unpaid maid." This was at the conclusion of a 5-year relationship. He moved his girlfriend in two weeks later, and she announced her pregnancy soon after that. Hmmm...if I didn't know better, I'd suspect it WASN'T actually me. Good news is, anyone is better off without this kind of toxicity in their life.

working