jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How can you move on from losing a good friendship?

1. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

How can you move on from losing a good friendship?

The guy is now married and since then he has lost many friends in particular a good friendship of another woman she  still misses his conversations how can she move on  without his good friendship?

2. ChitrangadaSharan profile image53
    ChitrangadaSharanposted 4 years ago

One has to move on, whether you like it or not. Life is like that--sometimes we have to be very, very strong and live without the people we love most.
    Easier said than done! But accept this as a part of LIFE.

1. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Acceptance is hard  it can be easier if they don't see each other thank you

3. luvtoowrite profile image42
    luvtoowriteposted 4 years ago

You cherish the friendship you had, remember the good times, move on and find new friends.

1. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good answer sounds more encouraging thank you.

4. CraftytotheCore profile image82
    CraftytotheCoreposted 4 years ago

This happens to me all the time because I live in a military town.  No sooner do I meet a great new friend and then they move.  It's hard to say goodbye at times, but then other times I feel that it was time to move on and open the opportunity to make more new friends. 

This is also true with family.  I had a cousin who moved and never saw her again.  Now we don't talk at all.  That was really hard for a long time.

1. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing your experiences here.

5. Bk42author profile image81
    Bk42authorposted 4 years ago

It's not easy. In the last couple of years I've had to go through this with a few people for various reasons. For me personally, I've had to let time take its course. I've also had to look at it this way: we came into each others lives for a reason (to learn something, accomplish something, etc.) and now it's time to part ways and learn or accomplish something new by meeting new people. It doesn't take away the hurt and loss, but for me, it gives me some hope and cushions the blow a tiny bit. Hope that helps. smile

1. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 3 years agoin reply to this

So nicely answered with lots to think about friendships. Thank you.

working