jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Can a person love 2 people equally?

1. cenarius27 profile image75
    cenarius27posted 4 years ago

Can a person love 2 people equally?

I have heard many times that people fall in love with 2 different people. Many movies and stories have been build around it, can it be true?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/8767296_f260.jpg

2. Bk42author profile image80
    Bk42authorposted 4 years ago

I believe you can love two people...equally, I'm not sure, it may be possible, though. There may be qualities about one person that the other doesn't have that draws you to them. There's all different types of reasons to love people.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

No, you can love two people "differently" or for different reasons.
    Even parents who love all of their children will secretly admit that they have a favorite child or one they get along with better than the others. No two people will make us feel the same exact way when we spend time with them.
    Individuality and personality traits elicit different feelings and if this person was told they could only have (one) of them as their mate they would choose one over the other for "specific" reasons.
    Lastly if  you're "in love" with the first person you're not likely to want to invest the time needed to fall in love with the second person.

4. duffsmom profile image58
    duffsmomposted 4 years ago

I don't think love has limits. While we are a monogamous society, that doesn't mean the heart must limit itself.  No matter how many children we have, we can love them all. I would think that the same would be true for falling in love...I'm not recommending it, but I think people can love more than one person.

5. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

Interesting question. Love is unique and can be shared differently and not equally.

working