jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it Possible to Love all your children equally and not have a favourite?

1. Lady_E profile image74
    Lady_Eposted 8 years ago

Is it Possible to Love all your children equally and not have a favourite?

2. HairRules profile image49
    HairRulesposted 8 years ago

I think it is possible to love them all equally, but not necessarily to like them all equally. It is almost impossible to treat them equally, as their needs vary with their strengths and weaknesses and their personality. You can only do the best you can for each child, and the likelyhood is that at some point they will feel hard done by, but hopefully that will not last.

3. Susana S profile image97
    Susana Sposted 8 years ago

I only have two children but I know that neither is my favourite. I would be equally devasted if something bad happened to one or other of them. I like different things about them and enjoy my different relationship with each of them. For me it's all about valuing what's special about each of them as individuals.

4. Lisa HW profile image71
    Lisa HWposted 8 years ago

Although I know there are some parents who will reluctantly admit to having a favorite, I also know it is more than possible to love all equally and certainly not have any "favorite".  I have three children, and I know that I love them equally.

5. A2shley profile image55
    A2shleyposted 8 years ago

Writing from the children perspective I would say yes.  I am the middle of three - only girl.  Although being an only girl gave me some advantages (my own bedroom, not having to wear hand-me-downs, etc.) I can say that my mother and father both love me and my brothers equally and we have never felt like one sibling was the favorite.  I'm not sure how they achieved that but they worked really hard to treat all of us equally as well as to forge special relationships and experiences that were unique for each of us.  Plus, my mother always calls all of us with the same frequency - she just gets through to me more than my brothers!

working