jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Do you think marriage culture is vanishing more quickly.?

1. cheetah786 profile image62
    cheetah786posted 4 years ago

Do you think marriage culture is vanishing more quickly.?

most men prefer to have girl friend and not wife as they think it add to their responsibility of children/

2. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

I think  yes, the marriage culture is vanishing having a girlfriend or boyfriend feels an simpler decision in this modern day. No commitment and free to experience life together without a contract.

cheetah786posted 4 years agoin reply to this

u r rite. life is getting busier and busier day by day,

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 4 years ago

I agree with both comments I have seen being yes. I would even consider in the states it more likely a divorce culture.

cheetah786posted 4 years agoin reply to this

we should create awareness among young generation and teach them how important a good lifetime wife-husband  relationship is for them, their children and the society as well.

2. tsmog profile image82
      tsmogposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I'm 60. Not sure of application in this instance. For all married age groups divorce rate is 1st marriage 50% with childlessness #1 cause, 2nd 67%, 3rd is 74% Google FRED helps with stats

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Women initiate the filing of 66% of all divorces in the U.S.!
      It is believed in part due to them having better career opportunities and more financial independence. The more (options) one has the less crap they will put up with! LOL!

4. tsmog profile image82
      tsmogposted 4 years agoin reply to this

I believe that dashingscorpio. Goes along with the social trend introduced of living with someone vs. traditional marriage near the same time 'no fault' divorce gained popularity, which demonstrates your point. Divorce simply is a solution for change

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

No, I don't believe the marriage culture is vanishing. It's changing.
    According to statistics by age 45 over 85% of men have been married at least once! Some of those 15% that never married are gay.
    People will always want to get married if for no other reason than experiencing the tradition of going through the ceremony/honeymoon. What we are witnessing is people are (delaying) getting married.
    Just as the divorce rate has climbed over the years so has the (increase) in the number of (second) and (third) marriages!
    Lastly with more states  passing "Marriage Equality" laws we are bound to see an increase in weddings among gay & lesbian couples.
    Marriage is here to stay! One man's opinion! :-)

5. luvtoowrite profile image44
    luvtoowriteposted 4 years ago

Yes, but this is true for both men and women. I know a few single fathers that would like to have a mother for their children. Women like myself, I do not want that responsibility and commitment. I know it sounds harsh, but true.

working