jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

How important is sense of humor to our quality of life?

1. Purpose Embraced profile image97
    Purpose Embracedposted 4 years ago

How important is sense of humor to our quality of life?

People with a sense of humor tend to look at the bright side of life. This could have a positive impact on their relationships and other areas. What do you think?

2. Tolovaj profile image87
    Tolovajposted 4 years ago

I know few people with extraordinary sense of humor, but can't say their life is any better or happier than life of people totally without sense of humor. I look at it as kind of tool. It can be very helpful in some situations (as you said, looking at the bright side of life), but it can also 'help' to evade a problem (delaying can be very bad), so humor is not necessary a bonus.

I look at it as any other characteristic. Yes, height of six feet or IQ above 150 can be helpful, but it it not beneficial in all situations and it is not necessary the owner can use it up to full potential.

Purpose Embracedposted 4 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for your response Tolovaj.

3. dailytop10 profile image92
    dailytop10posted 4 years ago

Yes. Without humor, you'll be missing the best medicine ever discovered. hehe

Thanks for responding dailytop10.

4. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 4 years ago

"Tragedy + Time = Comedy" - Woody Allen
    I've often said, "If I didn't have a sense of humor I wouldn't have any sense at all." Having a sense of humor can help one keep things in perspective.
    Most people with a good sense of humor accept the fact that life is full of ups and downs. They're usually able at some point to look at difficult times in their life in a humorous way or pass their experiences on to others as lessons they've learned about life.
    People without a good sense of humor are often overwhelmed when life throws them a curve. They have a difficult time moving forward and are prone to longer bouts of depression.

Thanks for your comments dashingscorpio,

5. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 4 years ago

A goo dlaugh does make one feel good but life when taken seriously has a different view. One looks at the bright side of even without  laughter happiness counts for that sometimes a sense of humor is just to make everything look good on the outside.

Thanks for responding DDE, a good laugh can really make a difference!

working