jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

Do you think it's alright to cheat on someone?

1. chucky1291 profile image60
    chucky1291posted 3 years ago

Do you think it's alright to cheat on someone?

a girl moved near me from CA a few months ago. she had a boyfriend back in CA but after she came here, their relationship went downhill but they stayed together. I was just a friend, being there for her and just..well being a good friend. but we both fell for each other. she would spend most of her time with me and we were sorta like a couple but she never broke up with her boyfriend. she said I was more affectionate towards her and gave her more attention than her boyfriend ever did. we had sex later into our relationship. (we are not seeing each other anymore)

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

The underlying definition of cheating is (breaking the rules).
    If you have agreed to be in an "exclusive monogamous" relationship and later decide to date and have sex with others that would be wrong. It's an act of betrayal and lying. You're not trustworthy.
    The goal of most cheaters is to hold onto all that is good in their primary relationship while addressing their other needs on the side. Cheaters don't want to go through a messy breakup or divorce.
    I suspect that although (you knew) about her boyfriend in CA (he) never knew about you! Oddly enough whomever the cheater is "honest or upfront" with is the person they care the least about! She didn't care what (you) thought. Losing you was not a risk to her.
    Assume the roles were reversed and you were a woman and she was a man. You said; "we were sorta like a couple but (he) never broke up with (his girlfriend)." All of your 'girlfriends' would have told you that you were being used. They would have said he's not going to leave her for you and even if he does you could never trust him!
    When you stopped seeing each other you'd have some regrets or maybe feel taken advantage of especially if you later learned they got married or moved in together. In other words you were not "the one" in their eyes no matter how much better they said you were than their mate. Not many people would think it's okay for their mate to cheat on them. Cheating is usually brings bad karma to the cheater.

3. profile image0
    Dave36posted 3 years ago

Are you serious buddy?..Asking: is it alright to cheat on someone?lol..I'm only messing with yer, but would you like to be cheated on?..Imagine how your'd feel finding out the girl you love is cheating on you, so don't be responsible for causing any one else to feel like that ever as you could devastate that person..You made me laugh though so i had to reply, Just there for a friend aye?lol..I mean was there no part of you, that secretly wanted/hoped she split up with her boyfriend?..Or was you just there like a good friend would be, & hoped it all worked out well for her whatever she decided..Are you happy for her now?, because as a good friend you should be..If she did cheat on her boyfriend with you i wouldn't automatically call her a cheat, i would say she was probably/obviously confused with her feelings/emotions..If she did it all knowingly & wasn't confused then she is a cheat, & a lucky escape for you..With her moving to a new area etc I'd say she was just confused, so take the good memories & move on..There's only so many things in life that you can define about yourself, & one of them is whether or not you would cheat another..Once you've lost that, what have you got left?. You would have nothing left to define about yourself at all.

1. chucky1291 profile image60
      chucky1291posted 3 years agoin reply to this

i have been cheated on. girlfriend of 2 years cheated on me, it hurt but hey i had to move on.

2. profile image0
      Dave36posted 3 years agoin reply to this

You did the right thing chucky1291, & like you say it hurts like hell..I bet you learn't something from her though, & that's the point of life i reckon..We learn & move on from our ex's & mistakes etc, OR we sit & dwell over what

4. Ceegen profile image79
    Ceegenposted 3 years ago

Cheating is never okay. It's not even right to think about it.

5. Josh Makaveli profile image34
    Josh Makaveliposted 3 years ago

nope nope nope....it hurts badly
    we should never cheat so we would never be cheated on
    dont hurt so dont get hurt