jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

When in a relationship? Is it normal for men to look at attractive women?

1. donnatru profile image76
    donnatruposted 3 years ago

When in a relationship? Is it normal for men to look at attractive women?

Is it a natural instinct?  A part of male characteristics to zoom in on beautiful females? At times this bothers me other times I could care less. Mixed feelings here.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

It's normal for both men and women to look at attractive people period. Having said that most people look discreetly when they're in the company of their mate. No one should be ogling another in front of their mate because it's rude and disrespectful.
    However it would be naïve and unrealistic to believe that just because someone is in a relationship with you they are (blind) to all things around them. Women notice "hot looking men" and vice versa.

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 3 years ago

I look at flowers all the time. I look at cars that attract my attention all the time. I look at athletes completing their skills all the time. It is normal to look and watch. We in the U.S. are a voyeuristic society with that being a learned behavior from the first day a child watches TV. Add the cinema and its grows further with the conditioning process.

If my mate did not look I would be worried about her. Just because I look at another female does not mean I look with lust or desire. I may just like the sculpted art form presented with fashion and etc. That does not mean the prescribed 'fashion model' either.

Sometimes the mix of colors or lines attract me. That occurs with architecture too where upon I have some training. I like the features of combining lines and contrast of colors. Simple enough in my mind that my mate may also have some such likes too.

4. profile image0
    sheilamyersposted 3 years ago

Yes and it goes both ways. Most women I know, even married ones, will take at least a little closer look at an attractive man. You shouldn't let it bother you unless the guy you're dating or married to stops giving you the majority of their attention.

5. anna209 profile image59
    anna209posted 3 years ago

I think it's normal to look , but " if he/she stares then that's not right at all it is very rude and disrespectful .

6. Josh Makaveli profile image32
    Josh Makaveliposted 3 years ago

yes it is very normal for us to look at attractive women and its a natural instinct

7. mathira profile image82
    mathiraposted 3 years ago

Man is a visual animal and can never stop his roving eyes. His wife might look beautiful, but when he sees an attractive woman he cannot avoid having a sly look at her. it is not a big deal and do not construe great meaning into it. It means nothing to him, except gaping in meaningless curiosity.

working