jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Curious about content

1. whereisdearabby profile image59
    whereisdearabbyposted 3 years ago

Curious about content

I am curious about the content in which you can write about on our hubs. When I read the content it basically says you can write anything you are passionate about. But when I go and submit my blog it says no personal diary writing basically. My writing is about personal situations however am looking for feed back on situations that can compare and talk about. Am I on the completely wrong site?

2. csilano profile image59
    csilanoposted 3 years ago

Yes, you can basically write about anything. I'm not sure what you're submitting, but is your content helpful, interesting or purposeful?  For example, instead of writing about how your day was, maybe you could spin that into an article about accomplishing something, getting over a personal hurdle, etc. Hubs should be interesting and draw readers in!

3. Lowdown0 profile image83
    Lowdown0posted 3 years ago

No we all write about what we personally know, so it's not really saying that, but more like don't go on and on about something you would in a journal. Like I guess something like this:
    And Janese said Carla was a snob, and Carla was totally mad at her, then Kevin came over a said what's up, this was the last draw for Jen, as she was trying to go to the dance with him. Then...
    See what I mean...

Hey welcome to Hubpages, this site took me awhile to embrace, but it is a really great site and it's for you to share what you know about personally.
    I have tested the waters even with some conspiracy hubs and they even let those through, so I'm impressed. Just don't talk about doing drugs and liking them, and explicit stuff sexually. Hope this helps.

4. Tusitala Tom profile image65
    Tusitala Tomposted 3 years ago

Ssilno is right.  You can write about anything you like.  As he/she suggests, it would be better to write something that readers find interesting rather than just writing for your own clarification or gratification.  However, I'd like to add that it doesn't have to be anything particularly profound or deep and meaningful.   Write about something out of your own life experience; something you perhaps think about a lot.

It can be a diary-type entry, the proviso being that it is not boring to others.  You have to be astute enough to determine whether it is or not before you place it on Hubpages. 

A good idea is to write out what you'd like to place as a Word doc.  You can then edit, pretty it up at bit.  When happy, save it in, say, as Essays File, but also send a copy to back to Word so you can cut and paste it paragraph by paragraph into Hubpages,    And don't forget to add a few photos.

5. brakel2 profile image79
    brakel2posted 3 years ago

Google doesn't like personal stories as much as in past. If you write a personal story, it must have content that has general appeal. Content that will help others get healthy, improve relationships, and other similar topics could work. Then you must follow the suggestions about the hub having pics, video, good word count good spelling and grammar to make it have unique content. If you have a skill, you can try writing about that topic. Good luck.

6. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 3 years ago

Helpful information is a great idea for example, How to, Relationships Advice and on topics you have the best knowledge of. About your personal situations is also a good one. Don't know why they won't accept your personal stuff.

working