jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why are people your friends just to get things out of you?

1. profile image53
    mariadaldasposted 3 years ago

Why are people your friends just to get things out of you?

I have a friend that just wants to be my friend to get money out of me. Then she acts like I am not her friend at all. She does this all the time. I want to explain how I feel about this situation but I don't want to hurt her feelings. What do I do?

2. MercCipher profile image60
    MercCipherposted 3 years ago

You just need to be completely honest with that person. You don't need to let them use you for their own personal gain. Why should you care how they feel if they only use you. Just tell her how you feel...and then you will feel better.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Each of us gets to (choose) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.
    You said; "I have a friend that just wants to be my friend to get money out of me. Then she acts like I am not her friend at all."
    It sounds to me like you have not been a good friend to yourself!
    Why are you so concerned about "hurting her feelings" when she could care less about your feelings? You don't need to support "toxic people". Drop her and only explain if she asks. Stop buying friends!
    If you're going to lie down like a doormat don't complain when people walk on you! Remember you have the power to say "yes" or "no". You get to (choose) who you spend your time with!
    Make some new friends!
    "Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary."
    - Oscar Wilde

4. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 3 years ago

People are different and most want something out of you I knew of such kind  you just to be straight forward about your friendship and how you feel.

working