When is the right time to meet his parents?

1. profile image50
    Taylor Thomasposted 3 years ago

When is the right time to meet his parents?

Me and my boyfriend have been dating for about 9 months now and everything is great except that I haven't been introduced to his family yet. They do know about me and have for about 6 months now but still no meeting. Our relationship is very serious, (even though it's been a short amount of time), but I feel like it's definitely time this needs to happen. We've talked about it before and he says he will but still nothing to show for it. He's already met all my family. Any suggestions?

2. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Generally speaking a man will not bring a woman around his "inner circle" of best friends, co-workers, or family unless he is (serious) about her. However sometimes there are extenuating circumstances such as the distance between where he resides and where his family lives or if he is not really emotionally close with his family.
    Either way it is completely up to (him) when if ever he introduces you to his family. If it is bugs you because he has not introduced you to his parents it's possible that you may be feeling insecure about the relationship or where it's "heading".
    Oftentimes a woman who is looking to get married has her own measuring stick or time table of events she expects things to take place in order to confirm she is (on track). Examples: Within 3 months he is telling her "I love you", He talks about being with her or doing things together in (future tense) such as up coming major holidays and weekend getaways, 6-9 months they're meeting each other's close family and friends, talking about moving in together, and after living together for a year they become engaged.....etc
    When one or more of these "milestones" is not met she starts to question the relationship. You stated the following:
    " Our relationship is very serious, (even though it's been a short amount of time), but {I feel} like it's definitely time (this needs to happen). We've talked about it before and he says he will but still nothing to show for it. He's already met all my family. Any suggestions? "
    Clearly it sounds like you are becoming (anxious) because he is not moving at the pace (you) want him to be moving. Pushing or nagging to get something will only succeed in him alienating you. No one wants to feel forced into doing anything against their will. If what you have is the "real thing" it won't matter whether you've met his family or not. The first time I got married I eloped and my parents had not met my wife in person. Keep your focus on having a loving and happy relationship.
    All marriages will have their share of challenges but at the very least they should start off with (both) people wanting to get married.
    Only two things keep most men from getting married; Timing (He's not ready) or She's NOT "the one". You have no control over either.

working