jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

"Marriages are made in heaven" - What do you say?

1. m abdullah javed profile image77
    m abdullah javedposted 3 years ago

"Marriages are made in heaven" - What do you say?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/9166525_f260.jpg

2. Snøwman profile image60
    Snøwmanposted 3 years ago

I believe that there are married people in heaven. God has children, so he must have a wife too.

I also believe that those who are married by the power of God are still married in heaven. They do not part at death.

If you're asking if people get married in heaven, normally no. There is an exception. If you do not have the opportunity to get married on earth you have the chance in heaven.

I realize I haven't given any proof for this to be true other than my own logic  I want to give you all the chance to research it yourself. Also pray and ask God about it. People are more likely to believe something if it comes from their own ideas and discoveries.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

No. God gave man "free will" which means (we) get to (choose) our own friends, lovers, and spouse. Therefore marriages are made on earth based upon (our) choices and decisions.
    One would think if marriages were really made in heaven there would be no such thing as divorce. There is no reason why a "perfect match" would split. The reality is most of us (fail our way to success) when it comes to relationships. When it's all said and done a divorce is nothing more than a public admission that a "mistake" was made on the part of someone who chose the "wrong" mate for themselves.
    In order for him/her to be "the one" they'd have to see you as being "the one". Naturally if someone does NOT want to be with you then they're clearly not "the one". Both people have to want it to work.
    In the U.S. the divorce rate hovers around 50%. I'd like to believe that if God were "making marriages in heaven" his success percentage would be a lot higher than that! smile

1. m abdullah javed profile image77
      m abdullah javedposted 3 years agoin reply to this

If God were making marriages in heaven......the percentage would be a lot higher, this argument of yours is same as - if God were creating human beings means there would not be any kind of human rights violation? Then how do you justify your argument

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

m abdullah javed, You missed my argument! I said God gave man "free will". In other words (we) get to choose! He is not selecting our mates for us. If one believes the bible God created only two humans (Adam and Eve) and (they) multiplied as told.

4. mathira profile image84
    mathiraposted 3 years ago

Who marries who is decided by god. That is why it is said that marriages are made in heaven. But to make a heaven out of a marriage or a hell out of it is entirely in the hands of the concerned couples.

working