jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

What do you say to someone when they're trying to rush you off the phone?

1. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 3 years ago

What do you say to someone when they're trying to rush you off the phone?

2. liesl5858 profile image86
    liesl5858posted 3 years ago

If someone is trying to rush you off the phone, tell them to myob(joke). Tell them politely to wait patiently or tell the person on the phone that you call her or him later as you are being called to do a task. If they can't wait, tell them to go and use another phone.

3. Billie Kelpin profile image88
    Billie Kelpinposted 3 years ago

Do you mean in a situation where you are talking to someone and the person to whom you're talking gives you the feeling that they want you to rush to close your conversation with them?  It's a bit rude on my part, but one time when I sensed that my daughter wanted me to hang up and didn't say she had to go, I said, in the middle of my "monologue,"  "Oh, hon, I better let you go.  Talk later.  Bye."  And I hung up smile I'm not quite sure what that accomplished, except getting a little of my dignity back.

4. danicole profile image81
    danicoleposted 3 years ago

Its depends on the situation and who it is.

If its a friend say:
    Are you rushing me? Because I feel you are rushing me. If you don't want to talk now, perhaps later. Let me know!

If its a sales associate or a customer service representative, tell them:
    Are you paying my phone bill? Uh, no, ok! I am a customer and I think its unprofessional that you have the nerve to rush me! I will like to speak to someone else please and thank you!

If its a stranger say (if you're at a phone booth or public place) say:
    I am saying this as politely as possible but mind your business and leave me alone.

If its someone U HATE SAY: