jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (10 posts)

Who are more forgiving, men or women? Why?

1. ife Orisha profile image64
    ife Orishaposted 3 years ago

Who are more forgiving, men or women? Why?

2. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12022868_f260.jpg

I would text, that indeed it is not proven that either is more forgiving. Further more, perhaps one could propose that the more forgiving would be one whom "climbs higher spiritually" and realizes the significant benefits of forgiveness.

1. ife Orisha profile image64
      ife Orishaposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I just want you guys opinion. Nothing is etched in stone so...that's why I just wanted to get different views. I do understand where you are coming from and like that perspective.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Forgiveness is based upon the circumstances and the individual's core beliefs. It has nothing to do with their gender.
    Both men and women have been known to forgive or tolerate stuff from those whom they're "in love" with. How one feels about them self and the person they're involved with has a lot to do with what they're willing to forgive. Folks with low self-esteem don't have as many "deal breakers" as those with high self-esteem. What happened matters.

1. Rae-LeighDawn profile image60
      Rae-LeighDawnposted 3 years agoin reply to this

tell you what throws that off though..long distance relationships. Tolerance levels can change. It stretches a person.

2. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Rae-LeighDawn LDRs were meant to be temporary. The end goal is to be with the person you love. If someone is NOT "in love" and they are in a long distance relationship and have been betrayed it's easier to walk away without forgiving them.

3. Rae-LeighDawn profile image60
      Rae-LeighDawnposted 3 years agoin reply to this

that was the most intelligent and useful comment I ever read dashing

4. Rae-LeighDawn profile image60
    Rae-LeighDawnposted 3 years ago

I used to think I knew. I don't anymore. I think it depends on the individual. I do believe both can be equally.

1. dashingscorpio profile image88
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

I agree the "individual" and the circumstances matter more than their gender. There's also the old adage:
      "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."
      Apparently a lot of women aren't so forgiving.smile

5. profile image59
    Daman Bangaposted 3 years ago

i guess men have it more! some even forget what happened in a day's time and women few maybe can trigger the same button again in some other fight!

working