jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Love the one you love? Or love the one who loves you?

1. SilentMagenta profile image72
    SilentMagentaposted 3 years ago

Love the one you love? Or love the one who loves you?

2. Jo Harley profile image60
    Jo Harleyposted 3 years ago

Selfishness only digs a hole in the ground. It's like Subtraction. Love thinks of others more than yourself. Let's get this clear this first though: sex isn't love. It's an act that is desired because of love. Love thinks about what the other person wants and will put them first and make sure they get what they want before they give to themselves what they want.

I don't think that it's about who you love or who loves you. True love stands for itself and if you want it than you'll take it. If you don't have the strength to do that than you make do with something you are more comfortable with.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

Rarely is life composed of such polar opposites.
    Whether you love someone who does not love you or there is someone who loves you but you don't love them the end result is the same: You're with the wrong person! Move on.
    Thankfully there are over 7 Billion people on the planet!!!
    Never insist upon having a finite view of a world with infinite possibilities!
    The world may not owe you anything but you owe yourself the world!

4. Venus Rivera profile image76
    Venus Riveraposted 3 years ago

This four letter word is powerful!
    Love is kind and gentle and love does not judge.
    Love whom ever makes you happy and don't look for it because eventually it will find you.

5. pattyfloren profile image80
    pattyflorenposted 3 years ago

If we love only those who love us, then how are we going to love our enemies?  Feed my lambs and my sheep requests Jesus, to rid yourself from doubt and question the turmoil you may be facing.  Sooner or later that love will amount to some significance in your life.  Think about it.

1. dashingscorpio profile image86
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

There is a difference in loving someone platonically and being "in love" with someone romantically. Unrequited love or not reciprocated  love leads to heartache. "Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary." - Oscar Wilde