jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

If someone loves you, but you don't love them ... how should you deal with their

1. ziyena profile image90
    ziyenaposted 6 years ago

If someone loves you, but you don't love them ... how should you deal with their obsession?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6028826_f260.jpg

2. Senoritaa profile image74
    Senoritaaposted 6 years ago

I must say you are very lucky to have that person. For most of us it is the other way round. Anyway, I think you should be honest with them, but treat them kindly. Also, never make them feel that you pity them, it can end up being really bitter.

3. ChristinS profile image96
    ChristinSposted 6 years ago

Tell them that you appreciate all the great things about them, however you don't feel in your heart that they are right person for you, however you hope that they will find someone who can return the love they feel who will be deserving of all of their wonderful qualities.

Keep it positive but be matter of fact.  Nothing is worse than being led on by someone who likes/respects you but doesn't return your feelings.  Not having the heart to hurt someone can ultimately lead to you hurting them worse unintentionally.  I've been on both sides of this coin in my life and it was a tough lesson.

4. smzclark profile image61
    smzclarkposted 6 years ago

You have to take a step back and let them get on with their life without you. You have to let them go so that they can eventually let go of you. Neither of you will be able to get on with your (love) lives until he/she has moved on.

Any contact will lead them on. First take Christin's advice, but then walk away (let them know you're doing it and why you have to).

There've been a few men in my life who I've had to leave behind because although I've loved them as friends, I haven't felt the same way as they have about me.

If he/she truly loves you then he/she'll let you go. and if you care about them you'll help them to do that.

5. lburmaster profile image81
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

Depends on the situation. Each person reacts differently to being dumped. They could take it nice and lie low or they could rise and backstab you. It all depends on the person.

6. sassydee profile image75
    sassydeeposted 6 years ago

Just be honest from the start as long as you are real about your feelings towards them then whatever happens after that is on the other person because they know how you really feel and if they still want to be obsessed despite how you feel then they are setting their own self for failure...........

7. christianajohan profile image58
    christianajohanposted 6 years ago

I think the best thing is to ignore them completely and never give a chance to let them see you anywhere and anytime. This will be erased in their minds. Obsession is a mental disorder.

8. kabugalewis profile image59
    kabugalewisposted 5 years ago

i think you should just let them have their fun while slowly creating a mutual feeling of weariness in the relationship. Eventually, it may wear off.

9. krischavez profile image61
    krischavezposted 23 months ago

Just be honest on that person, and I think should go for a lie low conversation, well not saying that you have to ignore that person but should go for a lie low, he might be thinking that he's too special for you if you will entertain him more.

working