Can a woman be truly friend to a man without malice?

1. alexandriaruthk profile image77
    alexandriaruthkposted 3 years ago

Can a woman be truly friend to a man without malice?

I had some college friends that are my real buddies and they are of the oppiste sex.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

The word malice means having the intention or desire to do evil.
    It's doubtful that either man or the woman has intentions to do evil unless you consider one being physically attracted to the other or desiring a romantic relationship to be evil.
    There are lots of men and women who are trapped in "The Friend Zone" with people whom they secretly would love to be romantically involved with. They're silently going along with a "platonic friendship" in hopes that he or she might one day wake up and realize that the love they're seeking is right in front of them!  A real "When Harry Met Sally" moment.
    The friendship test for any woman would be answer the following question: If you offered to have sex with your male friend would he turn you down? "I'm sorry I can't do that. You are my friend and I don't want to mess that up." or would he say: "I'll be right over."
    It's probably more likely that a woman would reject a male friend advances.
    Truthfully most "attractive women" don't want to believe their male friends may be secretly (lusting) after them. And most men or women for that matter who find themselves in "The Friend Zone" lack the courage to come forward to reveal their true desires. They fear rejection and losing all contact.
    Having said that there are many platonic friendships between men and women but they generally do not last as long friendships between those of the same sex.
    The number one reason is because eventually one of them is going to fall in love with someone who is not a big fan of their friendship!
    If given an ultimatum 9 times out of 10 most people will choose being with the one they're "in love' with over some "sibling like" platonic friendship they have with someone of the opposite sex. From their point of view they can always make new friends but "the one" is a once in a lifetime phenomenon! It's unrealistic to expect an (out in the open) opposite sex friendship between heterosexuals to last a lifetime.
    Very few men or women would be fine with their significant other or spouse going to hang out with their (opposite sex) friend for a few hours the way they would with their same sex friends.

1. alexandriaruthk profile image77
      alexandriaruthkposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Thanks for the insights dashingscorpio, about right.