jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Sweatpants the #1 cause of divorce according to Eva Mendez. An interpretation of

1. realtalk247 profile image71
    realtalk247posted 2 years ago

Sweatpants the #1 cause of divorce according to Eva Mendez. An interpretation of her thoughts.

"You can't do sweatpants," she laughed. "Ladies, number one cause of divorce in America, sweatpants, no!" - Eva Mendez
    Okay so you may have heard the uproar but I think most rational people know that she was joking and the premise behind what she said.  What she was saying: don't lose your sexy in a relationship.  While losing your sexy is not a reason for divorce, what she's saying is that lack of care in your presentation can hurt a relationship.  Presentation, for both men and woman, is something you can't forget once you enter into a relationship. Any thoughts on her joke/opinion?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12288800_f260.jpg

2. Easy Exercise profile image84
    Easy Exerciseposted 2 years ago

Females and males alike must make a daily effort for personal appearance. I completely understand the argument and believe that is a great guide.

I was surprised the other day to hear a young man (in his 20's) say how he believed sweat pants were a gift to men world-wide.

I do not find sweatpants attractive any more than the sleepwear that people somehow are allowed to wear on the streets!

Oh, how I long for the days of heels! But I am the one who missed the generation of gloves and would love to see gloves become a new trend! I agree with Madonna wearing gloves!

3. profile image0
    Stargrrlposted 2 years ago

She can't be serious.  She was probably making that comment to be funny, to do what celebrities do--and that is get people's attention with stupid statements that will make us talk about them.  It's a way of them keeping themselves in the public eye.

I think personally it was a stupid joke.  Both people should feel comfortable around each other in a marriage.  You shouldn't have to worry about what your spouse thinks.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

I agree with your assertion. She was half joking.
    Essentially what she was saying is be careful about "relaxing" too much in marriage. A lot of people act as if once they've gotten married they don't have to bother making an "effort" to look their best ever again! "I'm so glad to be done with that dating mess!"
    Gradually over time they stop doing a lot of the things that won their spouse's heart to begin with. The assumption is now that I have someone who is "committed to me" I don't need to worry about the threat of competition. That's the equivalent of believing once a company hired you resumes stopped being sent to them! You can't stop doing things and yet expect everything to remain the same.
    It's almost a cliché to hear someone say:
    "She/he is not the same person I fell in love with."
    Relationships and marriages are like gardens which need to be nurtured and tended to in order to flourish.
    Neglect is the surest way to kill a garden or a marriage.

working