jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Would you still be in a friendship if she constantly tries to compare herself wi

1. DDE profile image24
    DDEposted 2 years ago

Would you still be in a friendship if she constantly tries to compare herself with you?

Sometimes envy can get in the way of a friendship. Would you want to be in a friendship  if the other person buys what you have and wants to be like you?

2. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

it would be frustrating I think this an insecurities attack.I would have a heart to heart talk with her and and, I prob wouldn't give up until it was resolved.

1. DDE profile image24
      DDEposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I think the same  she is most insecure about everything in her life. Even though she has a rich husband she can't stand to see her friend live better. Thank you

3. peachpurple profile image81
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

The other way round. My fb classmates buy everthing that i wanted, owns the things that i wanted, go to places i yearn to go. Hence, i kept myself liw profile. Nobody try to follows me because i am broke and not as rich as they are.

1. DDE profile image24

Interesting answer of how some people can be. Thank you.

4. lisasuniquevoice profile image75
    lisasuniquevoiceposted 2 years ago

Devika,
    Friends do compare themselves with each other. It's unavoidable. It's okay to be alike in many ways. That's just what makes friendship fun. You might remember that feeling from when you were a kid.
    Lisa

1. DDE profile image24

I like your answer but I know of someone who pretends to be a friend to another and is insecure in her thoughts. I do know what you mean. Thank you.

5. Michael-Milec profile image61
    Michael-Milecposted 2 years ago

My apology please. As a "friend" (obviously not 'herself') If my friend, really a genuine friend would act in lack of self-esteem and insecurity, I would continue to be "me",- his friend , allow  him to 'copy' anything of my originality, character and spiritual superiority using any given opportunity to discus intellectual wisdom and lasting values every single person has responsibility to develop based on natural talents. Time will show then if we both meant to be and to remain friends of looong time.

1. DDE profile image24

You are so right! Insecure and and lack of self-esteem has the better of her being. Thank you

working