jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

Making up question

1. chuckandus6 profile image76
    chuckandus6posted 2 years ago

Making up question

if you and your spouse almost break up,but don't,can you still have the same level of feelings for each other?

2. cobrien profile image77
    cobrienposted 2 years ago

It depends on your reasons for almost breaking up, and the reasons you chose not to. If you stayed together for the sake of children, finances, etc., it would take a lot more work and energy to repair the relationship than most people can, or are willing, to put into it. If you chose to stay together and work it out for your own reasons, there's hope.
    Love changes over time. It may never get back to the way things used to be. People grow and change. But, with open minds and hearts and a willingness to compromise, marital hurtles can be overcome and your marriage can be stronger because of it.

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Very true!

2. chuckandus6 profile image76
      chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

great advice, I just think that it would be hard to forget leaving words, and continue the relationship

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Since you said "you and your spouse" it actually would be a divorce rather than a breakup. It would have had to be something really bad in the eyes of a least one of you in order to consider taking legal action to file for a divorce.
    Normally it's a "deal breaker" such as cheating, physical abuse, constant verbal abuse, neglect of affection, drug/alcohol addiction and so on.
    Generally speaking someone would have to be very unhappy to bring up the "D" word in a marriage.
    I suspect in order to come close to having the same feelings there would have to be some major changes otherwise if there are none it doesn't make sense to stay together. Whatever caused the friction will rise up again.
    If both people really do feel as though they are still "in love"  and don't want to be with other people then it might be worthwhile to seek couple's therapy.
    This would allow both sides to get their gripes out in the open in a controlled environment where compromises may be established.
    Having said that most couples seek therapy when it's too late. By that I mean one or both of them has already fallen out of love.
    If someone is not "emotionally invested" in the marriage it's just a matter of counting down the days until they decide to leave.
    Emotional divorce happens long before the paper divorce is filed.

1. chuckandus6 profile image76
      chuckandus6posted 2 years agoin reply to this

actual referring to close friends of ours great advice,
      I think it would be difficult to get back that feeling if you broke commitment even in words