jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

This is going to be quite controversial, here IT IS. Do you contend that adult

1. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

This is going to be quite controversial, here IT IS.  Do you contend that adult virgins are missing

out on important experiences and are less mature in terms of relationships because they haven't played the field?  Do you further believe that virgins are doing themselves a disservice by not playing the field and being totally unprepared for marriage, oftentimes settling for the wrong partner?

2. MarieLB profile image83
    MarieLBposted 2 years ago

Many girls are not virgin when they commit to a marriage or long lasting partnership.  Some even have much experience with different lovers.

Yet break ups and divorce does not seem to be slowing down sometime soon!

3. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 2 years ago

No.  It is their choice.  Some people are very religious and that is their business.  For someone to abstain, that actually shows maturity, because they don't want to run the risk of an unwanted pregnancy and single parenthood.

4. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Life is a (personal) journey. One can't miss what they've never had.
    Personally I have never tasted coffee and yet I see people who get headaches if they don't get their daily dose or others that say; "Don't talk to me until after I've had my morning cup of coffee."
    If someone has never experienced having another person give them a powerful orgasm with their body they're not going to feel they are missing anything. Most likely they will be like me with the coffee where they focus on the negatives: Unwanted pregnancies, STDs, or being taken advantage of.
    Most adult virgins either are following a religious or moral doctrine of some kind or they have a low sexual libido and may have never been in long-term emotional love relationship.
    This assumes when you say virgin you mean absolutely no forms of sexual contact. Some so called "virgins" have done it {all} except have vaginal intercourse. Theoretically they call themselves virgins!

5. Say Yes To Life profile image81
    Say Yes To Lifeposted 2 years ago

There's a lot more to sex than just the act, and sex is not always a pleasant experience.  I have a friend who has had lots of partners, but nearly all her choices were poor ones.  She had only one son, but didn't get to raise him.  It's a miracle that they both get along well, now that he's grown.
    Before playing the field, you need to survey what's out there.  You may be better off remaining a virgin!