A friend of yours has a feeling for your boyfriend or your husband, how will you

Jump to Last Post 1-6 of 6 discussions (11 posts)
  1. awoluz damola profile image40
    awoluz damolaposted 8 years ago

A friend of yours has a feeling for your boyfriend or your husband, how will you feel?

Or what step can you takeaabout this issue..

2. chuckandus6 profile image77
    chuckandus6posted 8 years ago

romantic feelings? I would set up a double date once she saw how crazy in love my husband was with me,she would probably lose interest. and hopefully pursue her date.

3. Payal N Naik profile image60
    Payal N Naikposted 8 years ago

You cannot control anyone's feeling, if a friend of mine has feeling for my boyfriend or husband ill try talking to her politely and tell her that this would take her no where and do her no good. I will  make her understand that this thing will end up hurting her at the end, as me and my husband/ boyfriend are already madly in love with each other. If she is mature enough to understand she wont create trouble for you  and step back but if she fails to understand ill probably try cutting contact with her for sometime till she finds someone else.

1. Billie Kelpin profile image87
      Billie Kelpinposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I like this direct method.

2. Payal N Naik profile image60
      Payal N Naikposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thank you smile

4. Billie Kelpin profile image87
    Billie Kelpinposted 8 years ago

been there, lost my whole life because of it - Steps to Take:
    1. Never, from this point on, say ONE negative thing about your boyfriend to your friend - not even if it's a little annoyance. She will take that as a sign of his and your discontent even if being annoyed with each other is normal. Just don't share this with her.   
    2. If she says how wonderful he is to you, tell her you totally agree.  Don't fall into the the trap of "Well, yes sometimes, but he...blah da de blah"  Don't do that.  Let her know in no uncertain terms (subtly or overtly that this boyfriend is the love of your life, if indeed he is).
    3. If, in the past, you've started to "up-sell" your friend to your boyfriend or talk about how you wish you were as unselfish or giving or pretty as she is, STOP doing that. Pretty soon, he'll start to agree with you!  Not that you want to emphasize her flaws because that would be unkind, but you might want to hint at an imperfection or two of hers.  At the very least, don't praise her to high heaven.
    3. As hard as it may be, start distancing yourself from this friend (either a little bit or a lot)
    4. Start putting up reminders of your love around your place - a picture of the two of you from the past.  Get a lovely frame for it and place it in a prominent place.
    5. Keep talking with your boyfriend about your shared fun times.
    6. If this is the man you want to marry, be sure you're listening to his needs, his depression, his concerns.
    7. Try a new sport or interest together now.  I had a friend who was on the brink of divorce and she and her husband started taking sailing lessons.  Six months later, they were re-bonded and never spoke of divorce again.
    Understand that any friend who lets herself, and I do mean LET'S herself be attracted to another woman's man, has deep issues of insecurity and the need to show superiority. It is a CHOICE. Honorable women make the choice to stop those feelings.  You need your own self worth to be iron strong at this point and realize you would never do that to her.  Carry that inside of you and you'll notice that dignity when you are with her. 
    Unlike your situation, mine happened in a 20 year marriage with children involved - nothing but chaos and sadness ensued for all concerned - a tragedy that need never have happened, and I wonder whether it could have been prevented if I had had the self-esteem to take the actions I described above.
    All good wishes, Billie

1. dashingscorpio profile image82
      dashingscorpioposted 8 years agoin reply to this

This is a lot of good advice even if your friend was NOT having "feelings" for your man. Having said that sometimes women are attracted to the same "type" of man. You may have met him at the same time but he chose you.
      Remind him (why) often!

2. Billie Kelpin profile image87
      Billie Kelpinposted 8 years agoin reply to this

dashing, I like that  "He chose YOU, remind him why - OFTEN! Excellent

5. Penny G profile image60
    Penny Gposted 8 years ago

That would be the end of our friendship,been through this and it turned out to ruin a marriage and frienmdship and left a young MOM with 4 children under 5 to raise alone.!  UGGG This sends up red flags in my head.

6. Evane profile image63
    Evaneposted 8 years ago

What??? That is ridiculous! She should keep away from my husband. I will get mad.

1. awoluz damola profile image40
      awoluz damolaposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Miss Eva gono nice one.. Like this answer

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)