jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Now the "ex" boyfrien and good friend have romantic feelings for one another. Ho

1. Blondy2 profile image59
    Blondy2posted 8 years ago

Now the "ex" boyfrien and good friend have romantic feelings for one another. How to deal with that?

They told me both that they would do nothing to hurt me but since they have been talking so much a connection has happened. How do I deal with the betrayal of my good friend?

2. profile image0
    busygirlposted 8 years ago

if she was a good friend to you, she would be concerned with your feelings that with her getting a man. there are plenty more men out there who AREN'T your ex. if she's a good friend, she should realize that your friendship isn't worth ruining over this guy. If I were you, I'd tell her that.

3. nikki1 profile image58
    nikki1posted 8 years ago

Have a heart to heart chat to your good friend.. and let her know it bothers you that she is dating your ex, please don't.
    If she still dates him.  She is not your friend, in my opinion...
    do not waste your time with her or the relationship. Move on..

4. Chrystal Gubanche profile image55
    Chrystal Gubancheposted 8 years ago
  5. Dark knight rides profile image74
    Dark knight ridesposted 8 years ago

You and he broke up. It's time to move on. If they feel a connection, don't you think it's somewhat selfish to try and interfere with that, just because you still have feelings?

What I wonder is did you still have feelings for him before you found out that they were connecting? Or could it be that you are rethinking things now that you know someone else is interested?

I'm not making a call on this, you know yourself and the situation better than any one here. But you may really want to look at why it bothers you.

Either way, think back to why it ended. That should help to keep your feelings from flaring.

6. Blondy2 profile image59
    Blondy2posted 8 years ago

I have moved on and they are together. I choose not to be friends or have any contact with either one of them.  I did have feelings for him before they connected and she knew about that because she is a psychologist and I was telling her my feelings and I asked her to be his friend. He has had some issues himself that I felt I could not help him with and that is why I agreed to him talking to my friend.   Obviously, I should have thought about that more before, but too late now. They are together and it has affected our whole circle of friends. They both said nothing could ever happen b/c of our friendship. The thing that bothers me is that I found out on my own. It is about honesty and respect, and I felt I never had that from either one of them.   I would love to be friends but feel that there is just to much damage and I would always have this angry feeling when I am around them.