What if you find out wife is really in love with her ex?

Jump to Last Post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)
  1. profile image52
    peter565posted 3 years ago

What if you find out  wife is really in love with her ex?

In uni, I met this girl, we like each other, but she have a BF. I didn't want to be selfish and steal somebody's girl, so I kept my distance to her. After knowing, her BF panic and asked her to marry, she said no, cause she planning to dump him for me. So, I lied to her, telling her I got a fiancee. After that she said yes, to her BF's proposal. Now, I am sure this girl ain't in love with me now and I am in her past, but this story got me thinking, guys what would you do if your wife is in love with somebody else and girls, what would you do, in the situation this girl was in?

2. Faceless39 profile image94
    Faceless39posted 3 years ago

It sounds like her marriage/s won't last very long, but that's just based on the fact that she seemed so unsure about both of you. On the other hand, maybe she just had cold feet, and after leaving her ex-fiancee, she was reminded how much she loves him. That said, I don't think rushing into marriage is almost ever a good idea.

Sure, some people have rushed into it and it's lasted decades, but for the most part it's a huge decision that requires thought and ample experience leading up to it. My advice would be to take your time dating, take your time being engaged, and take your time before getting married. What's the rush?

And as for your spouse being in love with someone else, either that means that you're just not providing them with what they need to be happy, or else they're just not ready to settle down with one person. If I was married and found out my spouse had a roving eye, I'd take a long, hard look at how I had been treating him, and a hard look at whether I myself was happy or not. Cheating doesn't just happen; there are many clues leading up to why they would do such a thing. And again, it's just another reason why people shouldn't rush into marriage.

1. profile image52
      peter565posted 3 years agoin reply to this

smile

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 3 years agoin reply to this

Her marriage last after all. Most people have been dumped or had their heart broken and decided to "move on". If they know there's no going back to their ex they have no choice but to move on and love another person.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 3 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12655508_f260.jpg

I suppose it really depends on how well she treats me and how engaged she is in our marriage and building a life together.
    Truth be told anyone whose had more than one relationship is only with their mate because things didn't work out with their ex.
    Sometimes you're the one ending a relationship and sometimes it's them. Most people eventually remove their "rose colored glasses".
    They accept the fact that in order for your (ex) to have been "the one" they would have to see (you) as being "the one". At the very least a "soul-mate" is someone who actually wants to be with you! (And vice versa). If someone doesn't want to be with you they're not the one!
    Having said that if my wife were NOT engaged in building a life with me, was romantically distant, constantly reading old love letters and looking at pictures of her ex, or I found out she was (secretly) sending him love notes and expressing her true heart's desire is to be with him....I would set her free.
    Clearly she has not "moved on" from her past relationship.
    In your case I'm not 100% sure her soon to be husband is "in love" with her if his main motivation for proposing was because of (you).
    Some guys hate the idea losing a woman so bad they're willing to propose to keep her. It's not unheard of for some women to give ultimatums to guys they've been in long-term relationships with.
    "Marry me or else I'm out of here!"smile

4. Safari Chic profile image73
    Safari Chicposted 3 years ago

It seems like your wife is playing games with you and her ex at the same time. You want me to be honest dump her. How long have you been married? She should have been honest with you from the beginning. If she lied about this imagine what else she could lie to you about. So you had to lie to her about having a fiancee in order for her to change her mind. This has nothing to do with you. Women can't handle the competition especially when there's another woman in the picture. It's the same for men too. You always want what you can't have right. It's human nature.If you really want to save your relationship then give her an ultimatum. She can't have her cake and eat it too

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)