My boyfriend is engaged to me he is taking his work topic to lightly how Cn I co

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)
  1. profile image52
    Amirsana786posted 8 years ago

My boyfriend is engaged to me he is taking his work topic to lightly how Cn I convince him to work

Becox I belong to an Indian community and we won't get married unles he starts earning how can I talk to him about this issue I have tried talking peacfully and calmly but he just says I wl do it its 2 years we r engaged he dint do nythng yet he is not earning at all his father has a business but he doesn't even go there despite his father telling him to manage the business

2. Saerrah Adamseent profile image57
    Saerrah Adamseentposted 8 years ago
  3. Millionaire Tips profile image91
    Millionaire Tipsposted 8 years ago

Find someone else. If he is this lazy now, he will always will be lazy. You deserve better.

4. JLauren Angel profile image60
    JLauren Angelposted 8 years ago

Your boyfriend is a jerk. Move on. Give back the ring and find someone who really cares about you. If he cared he would have made sure to earn money to please both you and your father. Lazy butts get nothing. Don't let him drag you down with his selfishness. There is more to life than lazy people and lazy people will always be this way. You can't change them!

1. dashingscorpio profile image80
      dashingscorpioposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Just because someone is lazy or not career motivated doesn't necessarily mean they are a "jerk". However I agree with you that he doesn't sound like the "right guy" for (her). She should break off the engagement.

5. profile image52
    peter565posted 8 years ago

A real man, is suppose to be like superman, a man of steel (at least on a psychology level), if you are not like that, you are less as a man.  As somebody whom also come from a wealthy family, I always laugh at the rich kids, that become spoil rich kids.  Why?  Come on, you are an adult and you are still relying on your parents financially?  That is just f***ed sad.  Especially if you are a man, if you are an adult male, still relying on your parents financially, you are less as a man.  You are half a man.  Even if you come from a rich family and don't need to work, still doesn't change the fact you are a pathetic piece of joke, that is an adult male relying on your parents financially, you are not a real man, you are a pussy. 

Men like these doesn't deserve a real woman.  I myself, never dated, despite I am not a spoil rich kid, my mum is the type of parent you expect a spoil rich kids have. These parents are usually over protective parents and since the family is rich, they would indulge their children with money, because they can afford it, they are usually very much against their children from getting a job, because the family can afford for their kids not to work.  Whether the kids would become a spoil rich kid as a result, depends on people.

I was planning to work and support myself through college and have no intention of taking money from home, since I turned 19. because that is the right thing to do, especially consider the fact, I am now an adult male.  As a result, my mum use to stand in front of the front door, with a kitchen knife, stopping me from going to job interviews, that is how much she was against it. It was WW3 at home 24/7 due to it. Despite, like any spoil rich kids parents, my mum give me a lot of money to do what I want, including dating girls, I never used it, for other then simple food, why? Because, adult male are not suppose to be still taking money from home and the fact my circumstances, was unusual, it doesn't change that, I didn't start spending money a bit more freely until a few years later, because I figure it wasn't my fault, I am in this position, but even then, I was still very conservative with spending and I never dated. 

Now 10 years later, despite I am now spending my own money, have my own job, I still don't date. Because, despite it was my mum's fault, it doesn't change the fact, I couldn't become what a real man is suppose to be like, until I was 25.

Your BF is not a real man, he is a pussy, dump him.

6. dashingscorpio profile image80
    dashingscorpioposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12655240_f260.jpg

This  proves the Beatles song: "All you need is love"; is crap!
    Not every person is going to be career motivated or money driven. Frustration usually occurs when someone attempts to "change" another person. Their mate also becomes resentful.
    You're better off finding someone who (already is) the kind of person you want to be with.
    Very few people are walking around with one hand raised in the air screaming: "I'm looking for someone to change me!"
    Most people want to be loved and appreciated for who (they) are. If either person has to make (major changes) to make a relationship "work" it means they've chosen the "wrong mate" for themselves.
    There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships: We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have. Accept them as (is) or move on.
    The choice is up to us!
    Best wishes!

7. Glenis Rix profile image94
    Glenis Rixposted 8 years ago

Find a new boyfriend or resign yourself to poverty

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)