jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is better being single or in relationship?

1. frle profile image73
    frleposted 2 years ago

Is better being single or in relationship?

What do you guys think? In this cyber-age.. is better being "alone" with friends or in relationship?

2. Hazel Abee profile image75
    Hazel Abeeposted 2 years ago

it depends .. for someone like me I like a company of that one person so it is a good choice to be in a relationship, but if you have good/great group of friends then you do not need that someone and can be single

I have single friends who company each other in activities like going to dinner, holidays or gym. So for them it is fine as they find company.

So your surrounding should help you in making your choice and decision.

3. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

Life is a (personal) journey.
    Only the individual knows if they (want) to be in a relationship.
    Naturally one's circumstances have a lot to do with it as well. If your primary focus is getting an education or establishing a career you may not have time for anything "serious" or beyond casual dating.
    As you noted "in this cyber age": one can have "friends with benefits" or simply be out to have fun! Not everyone is looking to "settle down" or find "Mr. or Ms. Right" Sometimes "Mr. or Ms. Right Now" works.
    This is especially true if a person is in their late teens or in their 20s. Those are pretty much the exploratory years to figure out who (you) are and what it is you want out of life. Until you figure that out you're likely to allow "impulsive connections" and "happenstance" to dictate your relationship choices. That's like going shopping without a list!
    Choosing the "wrong mate" can sabotage one's life in many ways.
    There are always going to be folks who are married or in a long-term relationship that miss being single and there will always be single people who wish they were in a relationship or married.
    All that matters is knowing what (you) want!
    Know yourself, Love yourself, Trust yourself!

4. Keino C profile image76
    Keino Cposted 2 years ago

I may be biased but I like being in a relationship. In fact me and my wife have 95% mutual friends so I have the opportunity to enjoy both worlds. Although being alone is appealing sometimes, having a perpetual partner in crime tops all in my opinion. Great questions by the way.

5. profile image60
    peter565posted 2 years ago

I think it is better been single.  You ever heard the story, where the Boy friend dump the girl friend, because she is a jerk, so she got her friends to punch her a few times her left eye and then she go to the cops, and lied to the cops saying you bash her up.