What is the best way up when you hit a rock-bottom?

1. Gaurav Oberoi profile image79
    Gaurav Oberoiposted 2 years ago

What is the best way up when you hit a rock-bottom?

2. liesl5858 profile image85
    liesl5858posted 2 years ago

It is not easy but if you think positive then you will be able to get through rough times. Ask people you trust to help you if you can't do it yourself. Think that as long as you are breathing, there is hope for you. You just have to be strong and pray if you believe in God. I do believe in the powers of prayers. I am not religious but I know there is a God who help those who are in need.

3. dashingscorpio profile image86
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

The first thing you want to do is avoid being overly dramatic.
    Unless you're lying in a hospital bed packed with tubes and a machine is breathing for you then you haven't hit "rock bottom" yet.
    As one old adage goes:
    "If you have your health you have everything."
    The man with no shoes cries until he sees the man with no feet.
    Depression is usually the result of someone who (believes) they have no options or they dislike their perceived options. They choose to think within (limitations) as oppose to expansive (possibilities).
    Whenever one "shrinks their world" they limit their opportunities.
    Oftentimes people will feel like they hit "rock bottom" but the reality is (only one part of their life) is not going as well as they would like!
    For example someone who is going through a divorce but still has a job, friends, a place to live, a car to drive, and money in the bank (ignores) those facts! Their focus is only on what is "missing".
    Make a list of things you have going for yourself along with friends and family members who are supportive of you.
    Be grateful! (Stop feeling sorry for yourself)
    Write down your goals and prioritize them.
    Research & plan steps you need to take with measurable milestones.
    Go for a walk/jog along the beach/park with your iPod music.
    Read inspirational biographies about people who were in similar circumstances and went on to live a happy fulfilling life.
    If you want something different you have to do something different!
    Use affirmations and visualizations emphasizing a brighter future.
    Watch YouTube clips from people like Anthony Robbins or Kute Blackson
    Focus on living a balanced life (socialize with friends, co-workers, go out on dates, and find joy in living life. )
    Whenever life throws me a challenge I always tell myself: "In a year from now I will be laughing about this when I retell this story."
    This does two things instantly for me.
    1. It's a reality check that "today is not tomorrow". This will pass!
    2. Mentally I see a picture of (me enjoying my life) once again.
    Whenever we believe tomorrow is going to be exactly like today and all the days, weeks, and months to come are not going to be any different that would depress anyone! This may be one cause of why people commit suicide. They've lost hope for better days.
    It's believing tomorrow will be better than today that keeps us going!