How to add some passion to a relationship that has become boring?

1. Wendy L Henderson profile image64
    Wendy L Hendersonposted 8 years ago

How to add some passion to a relationship that has become boring?

Sometimes when people have been married for a while they start to take each other for granted. Sometimes there isn't as much affection as before but they still love each other. What do you think someone could do to help bring back the passion?

2. Kylyssa profile image90
    Kylyssaposted 8 years ago

I couldn't stop having passionate feelings for my partner if I tried. We've been together almost nine years now and I still feel love, lust, joy, pride, and gratitude welling up spontaneously when I look at, touch, hear, or think about my sweetie. 

I'd say I haven't experienced a loss of passion because I make a conscious effort to live in the moment as a way of thriving after past traumas. My partner lives in the moment a lot because he was taught the value of actually living through his life rather than just being alive by his parents. If you feel and express affection and really make the effort to think about how much you are enjoying yourself it becomes like an addiction. Affection spontaneously proliferates once you get in the habit of savoring those warm feelings because mindfulness trains you to consciously feel desire for the affection.

3. dashingscorpio profile image79
    dashingscorpioposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12679446_f260.jpg

"It's easier to maintain a fire than it is to reignite a spark!"
    Oftentimes the problem is romance/passion is not a priority for (one) of the people. I've never heard of any couple waking up one morning saying together:
    "Lets stop having sex, being romantic and passionate!"
    Generally what happens is (one) them makes them self less available to the other by either rejecting them enough time or demonstrating a complete lack of interest in not too subtle ways.
    Eventually the other person throws in the towel.
    This is why it's nearly impossible for one person to "save a marriage". While it takes two in order to make a marriage work it only takes (one) to destroy it.
    Communication is the GPS for relationships!
    It allows you to know whether or not you're growing together or growing apart. The first thing you need to find out is if (they) are happy with the way things are. If they are happy it's not good.
    People by and large only change when (they) aren't happy.
    Sometimes the problem is you are a "mixed pair". One person is a "natural romantic". The kind that remembers details about first dates, anniversaries, and always looking for ways to keep the romance alive. The other person is considers them self to be a realistic "practical person". They feel it's perfectly natural to expect romance and passion to fizzle. In fact in their view being in a committed relationship means; You get to RELAX and stop behaving like teenagers in love without the fear of your mate leaving you. Very much like a professor becoming "tenured".
    Ideally it would great if two romantics got together or two practical people got together. Both would have the same expectations!
    The reason this rarely happens is because "practical people" behave like "romantic people" at the start of all new relationships!
    By the time the romantic discovers this they are "emotionally invested" in the relationship.
    Sure one person could start leaving love notes on the bathroom mirrors, offering massages, suggesting date nights and weekend getaways, occasionally taking bubble baths or showers together, spontaneously initiating sexual acts in other rooms of the house...etc
    However if there's no reciprocation of efforts eventually they quit.
    There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships: We either get what we want or learn to be happy with what we have. Accept them as (is) or move on.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)