This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: "https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr"

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (18 posts)

Why do violent psychopaths have female admirers?

1. Oztinato profile image74
    Oztinatoposted 2 years ago

Why do violent psychopaths have female admirers?

Jailed violent psychopaths are flooded with weekly female fan mail and romantic proposals. Fritzel from Germany who imprisoned his daughter and in- bred offspring received thousands of romantic letters. Also the mass murderer of children (Sutcliffe) in Britain recieves hundreds of marriage proposals. Charles Manson still exerts a powerful attraction on women etc. The list is very long. This phenomena is recognised but unexplained.

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12723013_f260.jpg

There have always been women drawn to the famous and infamous.
    You also never hear about any gangsters having trouble finding a girlfriend either! Maybe for these women psychopaths are the ultimate "bad boys". However I suspect many of them are just seeking some notoriety by being associated with a famous killer.
    They know they'll be safe because he's never getting out of prison. Several years ago in southern California there was a guy named "The Night Stalker" who brutally raped and killed women by entering their homes at night. Some of these women were elderly.
    He was said to be a Satan worshiper.
    When he was finally caught this guy received wedding proposals from several women! Maybe's there's truth to that old adage:
    "Nice guys finish last!" smile

1. Oztinato profile image74
      Oztinatoposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps it's because they are so devilishly good looking.

2. MarianM profile image37
      MarianMposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Number one why can't  murderers look ugly. The majority seem good looking. 2#  The woman Co. in Ny got in trouble, because she was in love and had sex with the killers David Sweat And Matthew ( last name) .When they got out of prison she hid.

3. Oztinato profile image74

If we compare the psychopaths who DON'T receive fan mail we find they are hideously ugly. The psycho romeos are not.

4. fpherj48 profile image78
      fpherj48posted 2 years agoin reply to this

U may have a point, Oz. I mean, if a woman is going to be beaten, raped, & throat slit, at LEAST she should have a handsome face to look at as she bleeds out! What an insult to be slaughtered by an UGLY psychopath!! Ur "lion" info is interesting!

5. Oztinato profile image74

Many psychopaths took ages to get caught because they actually looked unsuspiciously good and seduced the female victims prior to.....well you know.

6. fpherj48 profile image78

Well, I can concur, but I don't actually KNOW from experience!  And just think, Oz....Men have been falling for the seductress since EVE!!   LOL

7. Oztinato profile image74

Seduction combined with psychotic behaviour is the key. The handsome killer may trigger the "lioness"/ reptilian brain response with large groups of women not males.

8. fpherj48 profile image78

A lioness/reptilian brain? Explain pls.  Why just women & not men?  I'm lost....not familiar w/ much of this chatter.

9. Oztinato profile image74

Just read through the comments to both answers here and you will see those references. Thanks

3. fpherj48 profile image78
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12723117_f260.jpg

Well Oz......Basically, part of the answer to this is in the title of your question, "Psychopath."  My precious & wise late Dad always insisted, "There's someone in this world for EVERYONE."   Of course, my Dad was 100% about love & tolerance.  This is what he would tell my sister and I when we'd make faces about the WEIRDO down the street that such a nice lady was married to.....
    However, there probably is more truth to that than we might like to think.  I'm going to take a wild guess here and sort of figure these crazed murderers, rapists & death row residents are not exactly attracting sane, civil, self-assured ACADEMICS of the female species.  I could be wrong, but I doubt it!   
    With this in mind, allow me to elaborate.  As much as I love "dashing scorpio," just let me say this particular breed of females goes way, WAY beyond having a penchant for the "bad boy image" (think James Dean please)..OK?  In my day, being sweet on a bad boy meant he rode a motor cycle & maybe made your parents nervous!
    Yes, I know,  There are flocks of these lovely female creatures who write to, propose to and want desperately to meet these fine gentlemen.  There's ANOTHER word we should probably take note of:  "DESPERATE."   Know what I mean, Oz?
    Courageous as I am, I will be completely free of political correctness here and just SAY IT.  These women are the perfect counterparts to the men we speak of.
    They are psychologically, mentally, emotionally, spiritually & (somewhat) physically damaged goods.  Period, the end.  In their own sick little (and I DO mean, little) minds, these men represent mystery, excitement and undivided attention.  All the things their main reading material of comic books has them fantasizing about,  This man, they think will be so so grateful to have a sweetheart, they will LOVE them and send them letters and drool longingly at them through the little window as they exchange their sweet nothings over the prison phones......Oh, be still my heart..... Their only competition is "Bubba" in the next cell, but they don't care about that.
    In short Oz.  Rest assured these broads are simply Looney Tunes.....and looks like my Dad was absolutely correct.  Next question?

1. Alastar Packer profile image84
      Alastar Packerposted 2 years agoin reply to this

That's a great explanation and funny, effer. Wonder how they'd feel if suddenly one of these killers got out on a technicality and sent sweetie news he was coming to visit her, pronto. Think there might be a change of heart?

2. fpherj48 profile image78

Since I couldn't possibly "think" (?) for even a moment as these bimbos do, I'm at a loss to even GUESS what could happen if Mr. Wonderful knocked on their door.  I doubt they'd have champagne & Caviar while listening to Josh Grobin. Eh,buddy? LO

3. Oztinato profile image74

When new male lions take over they kill all other males, all cubs, and all uncooperative females. This then brings the other females into heat. Perhaps the ancient reptilian brain in our mammalian brain is triggered to respond in a similar way.

4. gmwilliams profile image84
      gmwilliamsposted 2 years agoin reply to this

The abovementioned picture describes such "women" to a T.  Something has to be SERIOUSLY AMISS for a woman to be attracted to violent psychopaths i.e. low self-esteem, abusive or an otherwise negative background.

5. Oztinato profile image74

It may be as simple as just an overactive mammalian/reptilian brain.There has to be some biological reason why so many women throw themselves at violent offenders.

6. fpherj48 profile image78

Oz..I GAVE U the REASONS. Apparently U cannot accept the expertise of a woman w/ 40 yrs. of Behavior Analysis under her belt.UR theory of mammalian/reptilian brain is bizarre, but then U connect  homosexuality & breast feeding, which is LUDICROUS

working