Do you believe that a person can "love" to much?

1. Wildanduntamed profile image60
    Wildanduntamedposted 2 years ago

Do you believe that a person can "love" to much?

Do you believe that when a person loves someone they can love them to much?? I think I love too much and too hard as a matter of fact. But is there really a way too love a person to much?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12724154_f260.jpg

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12725316_f260.jpg

No, I don't believe you can "love too much".
    However I do believe it's possible not to love yourself enough!
    Can a parent love their child too much? No.
    If a man lays down his life to protect his family from intruders does it mean he loved his family "too much"? No.
    The only instance I ever hear of someone "loving too much" is when a (woman) proclaims that she loves a (man) too much.
    Most likely she's not referring to being willing to die for him either!
    Whenever someone states they love someone too much what they're really saying is they bend over backwards to "make the relationship work" while their mate puts in little or no effort.
    One would only believe (they) love too much if they felt their love was not being reciprocated.
    It's not that they love "too much" but rather they don't love themselves "enough" to choose a mate who will love them the way they want to be loved.
    Anyone with a healthy self-esteem has "boundaries" and "deal breakers". They won't allow themselves to become a doormat.
    There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships: We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have. Accept them as (is) or move on.
    "Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary."
    - Oscar Wilde

3. SpiritusShepherd profile image61
    SpiritusShepherdposted 2 years ago

I don't believe it is possible to love someone too much, I believe the problem is when love blinds us to unhealthy relationships or if you are the type of person who to love means that you are unable to say no to people.

Sometimes you have to tell someone that you love them, but you have to take care of yourself too, whether that means leaving the relationship or just that you cannot carry out a particular favor, it is okay to say "no" or to just take care of you.

working