jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (8 posts)

How will you know if that person is "The One"?

1. Jireh Laxamana profile image61
    Jireh Laxamanaposted 2 years ago

How will you know if that person is "The One"?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

There is but one way to know if someone is "the one".
    You first have to know yourself!
    Know what traits (you're looking for in a mate) and then spend enough time with them to (confirm) they have those traits!
    Most people allow "impulsive connections" and "happenstance" to dictate their relationship choices.
    That's the equivalent of going shopping without a list!
    Only (you) know what is on your "must have" list.
    Never separate your mind from your heart when making relationship decisions. The purpose of the mind is to protect the heart.
    Ideally the goal is to find someone who shares your same values, wants the same things for the relationship that you do, naturally agrees with you on how to obtain those things, and last but not least there is a mutual depth of love and desire for one another.
    There is no amount of communication or work that can overcome being with someone who does not want what you want.
    Like attracts like and opposites attract divorce attorneys!
    "Never love anyone who treats you like you're ordinary."
    - Oscar Wilde

3. ValKaras profile image86
    ValKarasposted 2 years ago

His way of treating you may be deceiving, so you can't judge by that. I would say that you need to give some time to your "female intuition" to mature to the point where you can "catch him" (or not) in small, apparently insignificant things.

When you are young, your objective observing may be polluted by your attraction to the guy, so your heart may play tricks on you. However, one of better indicators of his being or not being "The One" would be to "play it slow", if you know what I mean.

If the guy is mainly physically attracted to you, he will drop off for having to wait for too long, or will see other girls who are "easier" in that department.

And even then you may not be too sure, because you may be his "big challenge" and he may wait indefinitely just to win in the end. What I said first up there may be your rule of the thumb.

4. profile image0
    LoliHeyposted 2 years ago

I don't think there is "the one."  That's a myth.  It's for fantasies and movies, and Cinderella stories.  One can have real love with several people in his or her lifetime.

1. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

I agree. There are over 7 Billion plus people on this planet!
      Odds are there are more than a few people who would make an ideal mate for any of us. Essentially there may be millions of "ones" for any of us! Limited options is a romantic idea.

5. ActionForEarth profile image70
    ActionForEarthposted 2 years ago

I agree with Lolita, I think the one is a mth made famous by Hollywood. The one seems like you're (or someone is) looking for some perfect person, or relationship. And neither exist.

6. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 2 years ago

I kinda' almost think when I stop worrying about it and have accepted it as so. That said if I begin to question if the right one later with time I more than likely would begin to look closer within myself at that point. I must preface I place a greater value on the relationship itself than I do on the individuality of her and me. That is a whole new discussion . . .

7. fpherj48 profile image77
    fpherj48posted 2 years ago

You'll KNOW he or she is THE one.....when you don't find it necessary to ASK if he or she is the one.