jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (6 posts)

How do you feel about dating a significant others with kids? Do you have a limi

1. bluesradio profile image76
    bluesradioposted 2 years ago

How do you feel about dating a significant others with kids?  Do you have a limit to how many?

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
    dashingscorpioposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12856143_f260.jpg

The older you become the more difficult it is to find someone of your own age who has never had children. If having (no children) or only a certain number of children is a "must have" it's just another way of screening out. The more requirements one has the less options.
    Having said that everyone is entitled to have their "preferences".
    I've heard of women who won't date men shorter than them. Some guys won't date women who are overweight. Some folks won't date drinkers, smokers, or even someone who has been divorced.
    I once knew a woman who said she would never want to date or get involved with a man who has had a vasectomy.
    Personally speaking I've never ruled out dating someone because they had children. What determines how far the relationship goes is how they handle balancing raising their children and making time for the relationship.
    Another factor is if there is any on going drama between them and their ex. It's usually the (adults) that cause problems in such relationships. If you're 'in love" you're going to make "exceptions".

bluesradioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

But have you had women rush your relationship with the kids before they established a relationship with you....

2. dashingscorpio profile image87
      dashingscorpioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

No, The single person without children has more control over the relationship. He has more freedom when it comes to dividing time on dates or with friends.
      I was up front about not looking to get married.
      Dating was just a fun social activity.

3. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/8142665_f260.jpg

Many people wouldn't date a person who has 4 or more children.  That is what one calls baggage.  People would rather date someone with as few children as possible.  For many men, a woman with 4 or more children is a red light signal.  Such women are considered to be dating liabilities in more ways than one.  The preferred date is a woman without children or at the most, a woman with 1-2 children.

bluesradioposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Now do the dynamics change when you are older.....or does baggage supersede aging....

working