jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

How do you know if you have a best friend?

1. DDE profile image27
    DDEposted 22 months ago

How do you know if you have a best friend?

You think you have a best friend until he or she turns  their back on you. Can you tell if you have a best friend?

2. always exploring profile image86
    always exploringposted 22 months ago

I have a best friend and her name is Tammy. How do I know she is a friend? She has proven it many times. To my way of thinking, a friend is someone you can go to and they listen, help if they can, if not, just let you know they care and they never repeat anything said.

1. DDE profile image27
      DDEposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Hi Ruby sounds like you know what a good friend is and so glad you are happy with yours. I like your answer. Thank you.

3. dashingscorpio profile image88
    dashingscorpioposted 22 months ago

If the individual doesn't know then no one knows!
    Everyone {has their own definition and expectations} when it comes to not only friendships but all relationships for that matter.
    A "best friend" is whatever (you) define a "best friend' to be.
    Some folks are looking for someone who'll lay down their life for them.
    Others are content with meeting for coffee and having conversations on regular basis where they can share their inner feelings without worrying this person will betray their trust.
    Other people define a best friend as being someone who is always ready to "bail them out" of hot water even if it puts you in bad spot.
    Others are happy to have a drinking buddy, or go to plays/movies, shopping, hair salon/spa days, and other activities for enjoyment.
    Their "best friend" is someone they just have fun hanging out with.
    Each of us (chooses) our own friends, lovers, and spouse.
    We get to (choose) who we spend our time with.
    Ultimately only (you) can decide what a "best friend" is.
    Having said that it's not uncommon for someone to consider us to be (their best friend) while we consider another person to be (our best friend). Some people also have more than one best friend.

1. DDE profile image27
      DDEposted 22 months agoin reply to this

Thank you and I appreciate your good answer!

4. profile image59
    Sreineposted 18 months ago

Truth is you don't. The universe will let you know who real and who's not. You can't rush things like you just meet someone and suddenly have almost everything in common with and make them your best friend just for that. You have to have patience

working