Wikipedia says only 1-in-300 Americans identify as transgender. Do they warrant

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)
  1. Timothy Anderson profile image98
    Timothy Andersonposted 2 years ago

Wikipedia says only 1-in-300 Americans identify as transgender.  Do they warrant their own restroom?

According to the entries in Wikipedia, transgenders make up .03 percent of the American population.  That's about one-in-300.  Does this justify spending billions of dollars to create a "third sex" restroom in our schools which could use that money to hire more teachers or build new schools? 

And if your answer if "yes," then do you also believe Muslims, living Sharia law should have their own restrooms since they don't want to use restrooms frequented by Christians or infidels?  Or maybe polygamists…. or disabled people…. or "little" people?

Just where does political correctness end?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12980458_f260.jpg

2. Annsalo profile image82
    Annsaloposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12981887_f260.jpg

No, there should not be an additional bathroom added.
    It is quite simple. If the top half (the part I actually can see) looks like a man then they should go to the men's room.
    If the top half looks like a woman then the person should use the women's restroom.
    I don't want a bearded man looking person in my ladies bathroom. I couldn't care less about what is in their pants. I care about what the present themselves as.
    Could you imagine a manly looking trans with big muscles and a beard walking into a women's restroom? Or a very feminine trans with noticeable breasts walking into the men's room?
    Since no one is going to see what is in their pants, they should simply use the restroom which matches what they look like.

1. tamarawilhite profile image90
      tamarawilhiteposted 2 years agoin reply to this

You lose the ability to kick out pedophiles and rapists who use the "transgender" argument to get into women's bathrooms. And several colleges ended the coed bathrooms due to peeping / recording incidents.

2. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
      bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Tamara
      Good argument.

3. Annsalo profile image82
      Annsaloposted 2 years agoin reply to this

How do you lose the ability? It's a crime to rape, therefore they would be arrested for trying. Why do you associate peeing with pedophilia so easily? Sticking a trans w/ boobs in a mens bthrm because she has a penis still seems more of safety risk.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image29

Annsalo
      The point is that you can't tell good or bad by sight, You seem to think that nothing bad happens in restrooms. There was a time when you didn't have to accompany your child to the restroom.?Dif betw TV and TG? or pervert

5. Annsalo profile image82

You are wrong. There was never a time where children were "safe" alone in a bathroom. It just wasn't reported back in the day nearly as much and U didn't have media to tell you about it. Sex crimes are actually down!

6. bradmasterOCcal profile image29

Annsalo
      You are factless.

7. Annsalo profile image82

FBI.gov Sex crimes are actually down. That is a FACT! Can you really deny the fact that back in the day everyone was hush hush about abuse, or that it never got talked about? Or do you just want to stick to your OPINIONS and ignore the facts?

8. bradmasterOCcal profile image29

Annsalo
      You think that you are safer today, than in the times I mentioned?
      Maybe the reason that you think sex crimes are down today, is because what was illegal is now legal, and there is more perversion that is acceptable. Amber alerts dn exist b4

9. Annsalo profile image82

I'm sorry do you believe being gay or same sex marriage is a crime? What "crimes" have become legal? Crime rates are at the lowest since the 60's!

3. jlpark profile image85
    jlparkposted 2 years ago

No. And it's not trans people asking for one. They're merely asking to be able to pee in the restroom that matches their gender identity.

It's those who are funny about them having been born into a body that doesn't match their internal gender are the ones making the fuss, and suggesting seperate bathrooms for trans individuals.

Unisex bathrooms would make life easier for everyone - parents with opposite gendered children who still need assistance, trans people, people who don't look as masculine or feminine as others think they should even though they are cisgendered etc.

The thing is that trans people just wanna pee in relative safety - using their birth gender bathroom opens them up to huge risk of assault. They don't wanna peek at yr junk, they don't want to assault you or your children - they just wanna pee (or poop if the need arises).

Another thing is - signs on a door have never EVER stopped anyone intent on assaulting and raping another - so, banning trans from using the bathroom of their gender identity to prevent non-trans from using the 'gender identity' as a cover isn't going to stop those who are predators.

Seperate bathrooms for trans people is just another form of 'segregation' - do we REALLY want to go back there?

1. tamarawilhite profile image90

They are seeking endorsement of their delusion, though it does not help their mental illness. It also violates the privacy rights of every woman in the bathroom, changing room and showers.

4. bradmasterOCcal profile image29
    bradmasterOCcalposted 2 years ago

Maybe we should be working on trying to get those genetic defects fixed for those 1 million TG, so we don't deviate from the biological norm. There will never be more than two biological genders, Male and Female anything else is a mistake.

We acknowledge genetic defects and call them diseases, but when sex comes into the issue, we are told this is different. A genetic defect has many places where it can happen, but they are all defects.

delete this if you wish.

1. bradmasterOCcal profile image29

By the way, I searched for the number of TG and they are less than 200,000 in a population of over 340 million.

2. tamarawilhite profile image90

Those with this type of dysphoria should be in mental institutions to treat the delusion, not catered to.

5. tamarawilhite profile image90
    tamarawilhiteposted 2 years ago

No, because they are mentally ill and need treatment to rectify their minds with their biological sex.
    To say their brain doesn't match their body, admitting it is a mental illness, but that the solution is to alter the body to suit the delusion, is madness.

6. heatherlund profile image78
    heatherlundposted 2 years ago

I personally identify as a unicorn and I expect EVERYONE to use my pronouns and if they don't then I will use my new found victim status and cry hate speech and if I ever move to NY then I will sue you for 250,000 dollars- and probably win. Furthermore, I expect all of society to get used to seeing me and other unicorns using the bathroom outside and I don't care if it makes you feel unsafe, uncomfortable, or if you don't want to explain to your children why they see someone using the bathroom outside. I am a special, little snowflake who is discriminated against so, therefore, I deserve special privileges in society- no matter what the majority of Americans think or want. A unicorn who has to use the restroom, is a unicorn in danger- 6 total unicorns died last year from using the bathroom- we are in GREAT danger and anyone who can't see that is an ignorant, fear-mongering bigot and should be bullied up on by all SJWs on all social media outlets and then they need to go and check their privelage!

7. From my Brain profile image87
    From my Brainposted 17 months ago

I know you all did a ton of research to come up with your opinion. But I think you missed a chapter. Did you know you have the same odds of being born with red hair as you do of being born with ambigous gender? Did you know know that over 300,000 American children have been surgically altered to "fit social norms" and no other reason? Many like me the very day we were born. https://soapboxie.com/social-issues/I-w … sgenderism

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://hubpages.com/privacy-policy#gdpr

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)