Does my tutor flirt with me?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (14 posts)
  1. profile image58
    PRINCESSBARRYposted 7 years ago

Does my tutor flirt with me?

Im a mature student doing night course,  my tutor teases me sometimes, he looked at me  whispered and said id a mischievous look? Little things he says leaves me thinking,  I was walking down the corridor and turned to see who was behind me,  it was him and he said "do I make you nervous" I said yes actually!  Even other students got black folders and he said ive a yellow one for you so I said oh yeah single me out and laughed,  am I reading too much into things?  One night as I came in,  he looked up and said hi and then looked me from feet up,  I was wearing boots jeans and tight jacket!

1. profile image54
      Ace864posted 3 years agoin reply to this

Deleted

2. FatFreddysCat profile image92
      FatFreddysCatposted 7 years ago

...and for some reason you felt compelled to sign up to this site just to tell us about it... and you posted it under the "handguns" topic (?) no less. Great work.. (rolls eyes)

1. profile image58
        PRINCESSBARRYposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yeah i realise now,   bad topic handguns sad

3. fpherj48 profile image60
      fpherj48posted 7 years ago

Princess....I think you know the answer to your question.  I think you're as dumb as a fox.  I think you are loving this attention.  And I think depending on the "age" & marital status of your tutor, you're "flirting" with potential trouble.......

1. profile image58

I laugh things off because i dont find him attractive,  im 26 and he is in his 30's,  i love my course but im nervous when its only me and him in same room alone which is rare thankfully

4. tamarawilhite profile image86
      tamarawilhiteposted 7 years ago

Say this is inappropriate while you are paying him. After you have ended the tutor-student relationship, then you can pursue a romantic one.
      And if he is flirting with you to extend the billable hours with him, fire him.

1. profile image58

He is a happy jokey man all around but the other students are more than 10/20 years mature than i am so it may be possible that im reading too much into it as i cant tell when someone is flirting,

5. Little Elvis profile image87
      Little Elvisposted 7 years ago

Those are aspects of flirting and  attraction. But at last, the decision is yours, if you feel like you are really bothered and uncomfortable with his actions, just give him signs that you're not interested, or break it down to him directly and ask him to stop. But if you have some hidden positive feelings toward the man and his actions, you may get into something serious both of you, you decide.

1. profile image58

Thank you,  i dont want to seem like im flirting in anyway,  ive kept my distance and jyst do my work and im going and coming to course now with another student as not to be left alone

2. Little Elvis profile image87
        Little Elvisposted 7 years agoin reply to this

But nothing is solved. You should get the whole thing to a final term. I advise you to face him rather than trying to hide from him. It is a right to feel free while taking your lessons, isn't that right? So don't let anybody steal your freedom.

6. chuckandus6 profile image77
      chuckandus6posted 7 years ago

Tell him he reminds you of your Dad lol that works

7. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 7 years ago

Since you just said in one of the comments on here that you can't tel when someone is flirting, I can only guess that he is based on what it sounds like.  I think the biggest indicator was him looking up and down  your body when you were wearing jeans, boots and a tight jacket.  I think that's a big sign that he might be into you, or he might've just did that because he's not used to seeing you in such attire.  Do you dress like that often out of curiosity? 

Not trying to imply anything.  Just asking, so I can get a better understanding of your situation.  To be honest, i think it's much ado about nothing.  If he hasn't tried asking you out, or done anything too inappropriate (i.e. touching you in private places, or making suggestive remarks), then it could be harmless flirting to get his rocks off.  I mean there's no harm in that per se, as a  lot of guys do that all the time.  I used to work with this one guy that was married, who loved his wife.  In fact, he even said that he would NEVER cheat on her.

However, that didn't stop him from flirting with other girls at work.  He used to tell me it was harmless fun to get his rocks off, and that he would never act on his physical attraction towards other women because he was happily married.  I'm not saying it's the same case for your tutor because frankly I don't even know the guy, so i can't really say.  All I'm saying is that even if the guy does find you attractive, then it doesn't necessarily mean he'll ever act on his impulses towards you. 

Hell, I find girls attractive all the time, but that doesn't mean you'll see me ask every one of them out.  Like the girl that serves me coffee at starbucks, I think she's attractive, but I never hit on her because I know she has a boyfriend, so I don't hit on her out of respect.  Granted, I don't even know who her phantom boyfriend is, but I usually try to treat others the way that I would want to be treated.  And since I personally wouldn't want some guy trying to steal my girl, I wouldn't in essence try to steal another man's woman; regardless of how she felt about me. 

From what it sounds like, you seem to have the right idea, so I wouldn't stress over it too much.

1. profile image58

Thank you so much for that,  it makes sense,  and yes i dress in jeans and ankle boots most of the time,  ive different jackets depending on weather but im always covered up,  so no i wasnt wearing anything different,

2. profile image0
        Stevennix2001posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Your quite welcome.  I'm glad I could help.  smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)